Chapter 107- Wo De Mimi

"Queen Be! Start over! We're losing you as soon as the chorus comes in!" the director yelled to me as the music for "No One Mourns the Wicked" cut off suddenly.

I coughed, trying to prepare my throat for the extremely high notes. I wasn't exactly an opera singer. Notes ike Glinda's took some getting used to. Not to mention that I had to get used to singing it in Korean instead of English, too.

"I'm sorry, Shiljjang-nim..."

"Don't apologize, just get it right." His words were harsh. there was absolutely no favoritism going on in the theater. We'd only been practicing for two weeks, but the directors were already getting serious. It was much, much more than was expected from high school musicals. But, then again, for those it was accounted for that we had other responsibilities outside of the musical. For this, it was a job. Even when I wasn't in rehearsal, I was expected to be practicing. Most of my day was spent going over music, reviewing lines... stuff like that.

"Alright, start the music again!"

 ~

I dropped onto the chair next to Min Hee, tossing my hair over my shoulder. I really wished they would let me cut it. It was getting long enough at this point that I was starting to sit on it. But no-- they wanted me to keep it long for the musical.

Min Hee nudged me, pointing to a picture on her phone. "Wow, the sexy is coming out. Better keep your eyes on your boyfriend."

"He's not like that, Min Hee!" 

"Sure he's not. Any more than you are. Actually, come to think of it, you're probably much more dirty-minded than he is."

"I don't doubt that. Well, actually... I don't know. There all really crazy. And Mimi's no exception."

"You even have nicknames. It's adorable."

"Don't you have a nickname for John? Something like "son-of-a--"

"Ladies! Break's over!"

Min Hee stood up, laughing. "Son of a drunk, yes. Now come on, Glinda. You're supposed to be the good witch. Get your mind out of the gutter."

"Hey, the gutter is a nice place. It's fun down there."

"I'm so happy I cannot read your mind, Melissa. I don't think I would enjoy the pictures."

"Why? Since I have such a vivid imagination, they're practically in high-definition..."

"You're not helping! And practice your dance! You almost tripped me last time!"

 ~

It's somewhat lonely to be a solo artist. It really is. When I had to rehearse lines, I didn't have any members to give the script to and have them read for me. When I needed to practice dancing, I was in the practice room (the one with the cloud wallpaper. You know the one), all by myself. 

Which was where I was, practicing the choreography for "Dancing Through Life", when Minho knocked on the door. I turned the music off and sat down against the wall.

"I was actually going to talk to you when I had the time, Sunbae."

"Oh, really?"

"Yup. Em wanted me to ask you not to tell anyone about her little fiasco... she's embarrassed and doesn't want her precious B.A.P members to hear about it."

"Rstory Em?"

"Yeah. She's been really worried about it."

"Is she okay? After almost drowning, I mean."

Finding the Right Wordsजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें