The Shocking Truth 1

Mehrin POV

I'm standing in front of a big villa. Ananya once told me that Mohit is rich, but so rich. Omg. Adil (brother of Mohit) opens the door. "Brother I am here and you have an unwanted guest".

I gave him a hard kick on his left leg. What an Bastard. A hot Bastard. Shut the fuck up I said to my inner self.

"Who is this Adil"? he asked as he came in. "Hey, do I know you?" he asked me with an welcoming smile.

"No but I know you, Akhram and Mehwish. I am a friend of Ananya." I notice how his smile disappears.

"Tell her we don't want to have an contact with her anymore. First she leaves us in the playground all day and then after three weeks she sends a friend of hers, wow," he said.

"Tell her we are not her toys dancing under her nose," Akhram said.

"Guys, I think we should let her finish first. It could be that Ananya had a reason," at least Mehwish is intelligent. "Just because you say so", said mohit.

"But please let us go inside. It will take a long time," I say.

We sit down. "So the day Mohit wrote Ananya the note, I had been with her. She told me that she wanted to meet you and spend the day with you. Because she was so happy, I didn't mind. But now I regret that I let her go".

"It doesn't make sense, she didn't show up that day" Mohit interrupts me.

"can you please let me finish. It was hard for me to tell you like this anyway. I know Ananya doesn't want you to know but I just can't stand seeing her suffer anymore. If you still care about her, please let me finish. Then you can ask how many you want."

"Okay, we'll listen to you till the end, but don't think we'll forgive Ananya. She has abandoned us," Mohit said.

"Anyway, I'll go on now. Ananya ran out of the house to go to the playground. I waited for her at home and because she didn't come home that night I thought she might be staying with Mehwish but I was wrong. I was going to call her the next day and tell her that my parents called and I had to go home." I took a short break.

"Could I please get something to drink?" I asked. "Adil please get her a glass of cola," Mehwish said.

"When I called her, she didn't answer. I tried again and it picked up a person who gave me goose bumps."

I get tears in my eyes as I think about the phone call.

"It was someone you already know. Someone you actually hate very much."

I look at the three of them. "Who?" they asked together. "J...Julian." "What?" they shouted.

"Yes, it was Julian. He told me he had kidnapped Ananya and I was going to be sorry for breaking up with him."

"You dated Julian?" Adil asked me. "Yes, I had, but that's not the issue right now. After he told me that, I can talk to Ananya for the last time and gave her the phone."

Flashback

Ananya: Mehrin?

Mehrin: Anna how are you?

Ananya: I..I am fine and you?
Mehrin: You don't have to lie to me, I can hear from your voice that you are not well.

Ananya: I... am afraid. Mehrin I... I don't want to die. They... they beat me... every day

Mehrin: You will not die. Do you know where you are?

Ananya: Yes, but I cannot tell you. They... they are dangerous.

Mehrin: Please Ananya, tell me

Ananya: I am...so sorry...I love you and...tell Mohit, Akhram and Mehwish that I...love them.

End of Flashback

"Then she hung up on me." "Is she..is...she's still with Julian?", asks me. Mohit. "No, she managed to get out of there a week ago." "Okay, but then why didn't she get in touch after she get out of there? Is she alright? Why didn't you bring her with you?" and why..." I interrupt Mohit turning his bombs of questions.

"Can you just let me finish? I know you're worried, Mohit but it is very difficult for me to tell you all what she went through. After she got back a week ago she was very quiet. She didn't talk to anyone and locked herself in her room for two days. I was with her those days but she just wouldn't tell me what happened. She had bruises all over her face and scars on her body from a whip. One thing was clear, they beat her up every day. She doesn't want pity, she doesn't want anyone to come near her and she won't let anyone touch her."

I looked at the faces of the three of them.

Mehwish was already crying. She doesn't even know the whole truth.

Akhram was worried and also angry. Worried for Ananya and angry at Julian.

And Mohit. I could see his right hand clenched into fist. He is damn angry. But I can see tears in his eyes. Is he angry at Julian for doing that to Ananya or is he angry at himself for misunderstanding Ananya. Or maybe both?

Can I say what she said to me now?" "Please," Akhram and Mehwish said. Mohit was quite right now. Thank God.

"I had the feeling after she came back that she was hiding something from me, but since she didn't want to tell me, I took a belt from her father and started beating me with it until she opened her mouth and told me from the beginning where she was taken to the end where she ran away."

Adil give me a look of concern. I smiled weekly at him and tell further what happened.