Chapter 23

I awoke hours later, the sun filtering in through the window. I struggled to get up, groaning with my usual morning grumpiness. Then I turned my head, catching a sleeping Zach which sorted out my grumpiness right away.

I reached for my phone, we had school today and my mom was probably frantic right now. To my relief it was still pretty early, perhaps we could get away with this somehow.

Gosh, he was beautiful when he slept. I almost didn't want to wake him up. He looked so soft, relaxed. I leaned down, kissing the corner of his mouth and felt his mouth quirk up in a smile.

"Good morning handsome," I whispered, close enough so that my lips still brushed against his. He grunted softly and all of a sudden his hands grabbed around my waist, pulling me on top of him.

"Good morning to you too," he said before capturing my lips entirely.

I instantly got hot and was close to giving in when he turned us around so that he was on top. He moved from my mouth to my neck, sliding his tongue against my sensitive spots.

"You've got quite a few of marks on here, babe," he said, chuckling softly. I rolled my eyes. Perfect. How was I supposed to hide them, it was still summer outside, no need for a damn scarf. If Tobias saw them, he would throw a fit. However, as Zach kissed me again, I forgot about Tobias. My tormentor was far away, and resting here in another set of arms, he couldn't touch me.

I smiled, hoping that Zach hadn't caught my mind running away. "Well, how will I explain them Mr Hickey-maker? School's starting in half an hour."

"Is that so... you smell really good, too, and...didn't you say: no running water?"

I chuckled. "Yes I did, but there's a lake outside, so get your sexy ass off of me before I change my mind."

"A lake, really?" he replied, sounding excited. It was such a lovely sound. He literally bounced off the bed, pulling my hand to get me up as well. I scrambled up and had to chase him as he ran downstairs. Where did he find all that energy?

I grabbed two towels from a wardrobe and got out, finding a naked Zach just outside. My eyes roamed over his body, stopping at his tattoos that I hadn't really had time to look at yet, then that glorious ass. I walked up to his back, kissing his neck.

"So, pretty nice view," he said.

"Hah, you're not even looking!"

He turned around, smiling. "I wasn't talking about you." Before I had time to pout he kissed me again, crashing into my chest. It was a playful kiss, and I loved it. It showed such a different side of him, one that I hadn't seen before. It made me smile as we were kissing, making it slightly awkward, but he just nipped at my lip and then ended it with a small peck.

"So, that lake..." he said, pulling up one side of his mouth in a grin.

"Right down there," I replied, pointing to the back of the house.

"How much time do we have?" His gaze traveled down to my erection.

I laughed. "Enough."

———

The cool water was a shock to my system, but it soon died down as I saw Zach splashing around, all wild and crazy. I looked at him, chuckling to myself. Who was this guy?

"Never been in a lake before, Zach?"

"Yeah, but it's ages ago. I think I was twelve or something..." He ran up to me, splashing me with water. Seeing as attack is the best defense I lunged forward, trapping him in a hug, my legs locking around his hips.