Part 1

"Gajeel... Come on its our last year. You told me you would stop ditching. We're 2 months in and it seems like you've only been here for half of that." Levy pouted over the phone. 

I sighed and rubbed my face with my free hand. "Fine Levy, I'll be there in five."

"Yay! Okay, I love you. Be quick so you're not late!" She warned.

"Yeah yeah yeah, I love you too. I'll see you soon." I hung up and roughly threw on some clothes and headed to school. The bell had already rung so I didn't get a chance to go see Levy. I sat in class bored, doodling small little pictures trying to contain my sanity.

I knew once lunch came around I'd be able to see Levy then. I went over to the school fountain since that's where we usually meet. Time passed and Levy still hadn't showed up. Luckily I caught one of her friends walking by.

"Yo, Lucy!" She turned around and faced me.

"Hey, what's up?" She questioned.

"Do you know where Levy is?" I asked.

"Oh, right. There was an incident during gym and she had to be sent home." She explained, rubbing the back of her neck nervously.

"An incident? What incident!?" I pushed on.

"Aw you're worried, that's sweet." Lucy cooed.

"What. Incident." I said aggressively.

"Well she-" I cut her off.

"Never mind. I'll go find out myself." I hurriedly walked past her and ran down the street to Levy's house. I grabbed the house key from under the the place mat and unlocked the front door.

I ran inside quickly closing the door behind me before running upstairs to Levy's room. I opened the door to see her asleep in her bed.

I sat next to her hoping not to wake her. Unfortunately she's a light sleeper and woke up as soon as I sat down.

"Gajeel...?" She sat up and rubbed her eyes. "What are you doing here?"

"I heard something happened so I came to check on you."

"Aw that's sweet." She tiredly smiled.

"So I've been told," I sighed, "So what happened?"

"Nothing really," She said embarrassedly, "I guess I had pushed myself too hard and I started throwing up and I felt so tired. Lucy and them helped me to the nurse but the nurse said I should go home, so she called my dad and he took me home."

"Where's he now though?" I questioned.

"You know how he is, always busy."

"Even when his own daughter is sick?! He can't even bother to stick around to take care of you!?" I exclaimed.

"Gajeel, please. It's okay. I'm okay. Like I said, I just pushed myself too hard." Levy gently placed her hand on my arm trying to calm me. I grunted, full frustration in my voice.

How could he just not care? She's his daughter! A daughter without a mom to take care of her! I just don't understand how someone could just neglect their own flesh and blood.

"Babe... Look at me." She calmly turned my head towards hers. "I'm okay."

"Mhm..." I grunted.

"Gajeel. Come on. What am I?" She smiled. I said 'ok' under my breath which just caused her to ask again.

"Okay!!! You're okay, gosh." I sighed laying my head on her lap. She began running her fingers through my hair. Boy, I sure did love when she ran her fingers through my hair, but would I ever admit it? No. But I think she already knew.