TWELVE

'HOME'

'HOME'

'CALL ME WILD, DRINKING UP THE SUNSHINE. BE MY MAN AND SHOW ME WHAT IT FEELS LIKE, DENIM SKY UNBUTTONED DOWN THE MIDDLE, SPILLING OUT LITTLE BY LITTLE...'

THE FRONT DOOR TO MERCURY AND PHOEBE'S SHARED APARTMENT SWINGS OPEN. Mercury walks into the apartment with a smile, glad to finally be back home. She closes the door behind her and walks toward her bedroom.

She drops her bag on the floor and jumps onto to her bed out of exhaustion. She looks on to her phone to see that it's 4:38pm. She hears the door open and then nothing but silence.

Phoebe walks into the spacious apartment and furrows her browns in confusion. She puts her phone in her back pocket and walks further into the shared home. She walks into Mercury's room, and screams in excitement to find her best friend laying down.

Phoebe jumps onto the bed, and grabs Mercury before bringing her into a hug. She wraps her arms around her best friend, glad to finally have her back home. She pulls back with a large smile.

"Well thank you for the welcome back," Mercury jokes with Phoebe. "But really, what if I were a burglar, or a rapist or a murderer or something?" She laughs.

"I know you too well, there's always this certain vibe I get when I know you're back home." Phoebe responds. "And you seem incredibly happy about something, what'd you do?" Phoebe questions.

"I can't keep anything from you, but over the week, Lucky and I have been talking on the phone." Mercury smiles. "And, there's more I know it." Phoebe responds raising an eyebrow.

"And he said when he comes back to L.A, he wants to see me," she responds. A loud and excited scream comes from Phoebe as Mercury bursts into laughter. "I'm more excited than you are what the heck, but he likes you I can already tell," she says.

"How, can you already tell?" Mercury questions. "Because, if he called you almost everyday this week and he continues to ask you about yourself, then on top of that if he makes you smile like an idiot every time you two talk, he really likes you." Phoebe answered.

Mercury smiles at the thought and blushes slightly. "Okay, I guess you're right, that makes sense." Mercury agreed.

"Now I know you're hungry so I'm was thinking I could get some pizza and get some snacks from the store?" Phoebe suggests. "Sounds perfect, I'm gonna go and shower while you're gone," Mercury said back.

"Okay, be back in twenty," Phoebe said before leaving. Mercury gets up from her bed and goes toward her dresser. She picks out a large t-shirt that has the name of her dads band on it, sleeping shorts and black thigh high socks.

When she gets out of the shower, she finds that Phoebe had came back with the snacks and food. She goes toward the living room, looking through the many movies that the two owned. ''How about we watch Pretty in Pink and afterwards we watch Pulp Fiction,'' Mercury suggests.

"Sounds like a plan,'' Phoebe responds while walking over to the couch. "Wow, The Sex Pistols t-shirt,'' Phoebe points out. ''My dad wants me to perform with them in London in 2 weeks which is crazy since they're about to release their first album in ten years,'' Mercury states. 

"So are you gonna go?'' Phoebe questions. "Yeah, I've always wanted to be on stage and plus I'm on half of the whole album,'' Mercury responds with a sigh. 

"So what did Lucky say when you told him you're the daughter of a rock legend?" Phoebe questions. "I didn't tell him,'' Mercury looks down.

"Are you serious?'' Phoebe questions. ''I didn't think it would matter, the sex pistols were once teens who only cared about girls and rock n roll, my dad was seventeen when they formed that group, that's how he met my mom when they were on tour,'' Mercury finished. 

"Okay rocker chick, let's start these movies.'' Phoebe giggles. ''But you should tell him,'' she adds and Mercury glares at her.