ELEVEN

'PHONE CALLS'

MERCURY OPENS HER EYES TO THE BRIGHT SUNLIGHT SHINING THROUGH HER WINDOW

MERCURY OPENS HER EYES TO THE BRIGHT SUNLIGHT SHINING THROUGH HER WINDOW. She rubs her eyes while sitting up slowly. She grabs her phone off of the nightstand and she sees a text from Lucky.

Pretty Blue;))
I enjoyed talking to you and I hope we get to talk again. I'll call you when I'm free. Bye beautiful Lu.;)

She smiles at the text and gets up from the bed to get ready. She makes up the messy bed and heads toward the kitchen. She finds a note on the fridge from her parents that says 'Nan's house at 2pm.' -mum.

She goes downstairs toward her bedroom to get an outfit. She grabs some clothes from her suitcase and heads into the bathroom. She turns on the hot water and steps inside of the steamy shower.

After she gets out she wraps the towl around her body and goes back into her room. She puts on a light pink crop top, white high waisted shorts, a light pink bomber jacket a black velvet choker necklace with a moon charm and black and white superstar adidas. She does her hair in a half up half down bun and prepares to leave.

Mercury grabs her car keys and shades from the nightstand and leaves the house. She gets into her car and puts the key in. She starts the car as Melanie Martinez starts playing on her radio.

As she is driving on the road her phone rings and she looks to see her mom calling. "Hello," she answers. "Please tell me you're out of bed at least?" Her mother questions.

"I'm driving right now and I'm on my way," she responds with a slight giggle. "Okay, well your cousins can't wait to see you." Her mother says back.

"Okay, I'm about 20 minutes away." Mercury says driving on the freeway. "Okay, see you soon," her mom hangs up.

She gets another phone call and sighs thinking it's her mother. She looks down at the phone and smiles when the caller ID says 'Pretty Blue;))'. She then answers the phone.

"Hi Blue," she answers in a sweet voice. "Hi beautiful Lu, how are you doing?" He asks. "I'm pretty good, how about you?" She questions.

''Kinda tired but I might be able to FaceTime you tonight though,'' he says and a grin spreads across her face. ''I hope so, I want to see you again,'' she responds. "I want to see you too, I should be done with the photo shoot at about five in the evening and tomorrow I head back to California,'' he responds.

"Well I'm at my Nan's and it gets pretty hectic so I'll talk to you later,'' she prepares to hang up. ''Okay, I'll talk to you later, bye Beautiful Lu,'' Lucky responds. ''Bye Pretty Blue,'' she sighs out of contentment and hangs up the phone.