The Great Escape

Betsy awoke to find her daughter anxiously shaking her to get up. She could barely see Sylvia's face. She cried with glee. Her daughter turned on a hand-held flashlight, it looked like they had been buried alive. They looked around to see nothing but coffins, they ran to them to see if there was anything useful in them. All they found was bones, which was some-what useful, for locks, and self defnese of course. Betsy and Sylvia were both filling their pockets with all types of bones. From two inches, to two foot. After feeling around in her pocket Betsy discovered the knife she had found earlier. A sudden grin came across her face. Sylvia was crying, as if she were scared of Betsy, and the knife. Betsy tucked the knife away, Sylvia eased off. Betsy started asking Sylvia various questions to find out what was wrong with her. Sylvia began to tell a story that angered Betsy. Then Sylvia began to cry over Betsy's angry-ness, Betsy then told Sylvia a childhood story. After minutes of talking they were "happy with each other". The single mother began looking for an exit. After an hours worth of looking an intercom come on and said "Hello sorry for not introducing myself earlier." "My name is Toby, and I've had your daughter since you left that night for the club." "You were to busy thinking about me, and my thoughts to realize that your daughter, and sister were gone." "Anyways good luck of getting out, hehe..." Toby's voice sounded deeper over the intercom than it did face to face. She was lost in her thoughts again. Not to realize that Sylvia was dieing, maybe. She snapped back out of it finding her daughters mouth extended from ear to ear. It looked like someone snatched her up, and slashed her mouth open. Betsy was in shock, not knowing what to do. She was crying, laughing, and thinking at once. Betsy thinking was dangerous enough, by itself. Her daughter smacked her across the face, thinking it was trying to awaken her. She was freaking out after she found out for a second time. She ripped the cloth out of the coffin to stop the bleeding. She come to a conclusion of saying the exact words "Everything we need to survive with is in here." She never thought to ask her daughter what happened, her daughter never thought to tell her. In fact she thought her mother seen the whole thing. After wrapping the cloth around Sylvia's mouth several times. She pulled out the switch blade she had, and cut a small slot in the cloth for her to breathe. After pulling the knife out she noticed blood covered the blade. She figured it was from her mouth when she cut the cloth. They decided to waste no more time, and decided to start digging up from the underground tunnel. Betsy was trying to figure a plan out so she could get to that height. She quickly come to a conclusion that she would just stack the coffins up. The flash light was flashing on and off, giving a sign it only had ten minutes worth of battery life left. Sylvia switched off the flashlight. "They" made an agreement of not turning on the flashlight, unless they really needed it. However, Sylvia was scared so she always needed the light. Therefore Betsy took the light from her, and put it in her pocket. Sylvia began to almost scream, and cry. She couldn't, because it inflicted too much pain. Betsy cried for her, and hugged her. She said her apologies, and they went on. The way up she dug trenches, so they could go up. At the time of her digging she was thinking about Toby, how much she hated him, but loved him at the same time. He was too cute, and glamorous for her to hate, although she did. Somehow she found the perfect point of hating him, and loving him at the same time. She hated him for the position he put her, and her daughter in. She loved him for his wealth, looks, brains, and smoothness. She thought that if she was with this man she could get out of anything, and everything. It seemed to her as if he was the luckiest person in the world. To mess with a family that no one cares about. To mess with a family that everyone wants dead. Betsy thinks that everyone wants them dead, because she's the only one that can talk to Toby. At this point she was half way to the top. She hasn't spoke to Sylvia in a long time, due to the thoughts of Toby. She looked to her side with the flash light to find her not there. She looked all around not to find her. She knew that Sylvia knew when she was in her thoughts she was un-distractable, except when someone hit her. There were no words in this world that could distract her from what she was thinking about. She looked up to find daylight. Betsy wasn't working, because of her thoughts. Her thoughts gave Sylvia a chance of escaping. Sylvia took that chance. She scurried up the trenches, and out the hollow hole. After she looked up it was too late to do anything. Swat teams, police cars, and helicopters were everywhere. If she even moved in the slightest way she would be gunned down. At this time she knew what she had done, Betsy was immediately put in the hands of police. Betsy was placed behind bullet-proof glass to confess of her crimes. At this time she was lost in her thoughts thinking, "God did give me a sign", "He saved my daughter from my sins...", "Thank you lord, please forgive me." Betsy was tackled immediately. She then confessed to her crimes. What she thought Toby had done, she was really the one that did it. She was the one torturing people, killing them, and burying them. Toby was made up to hide her emotions. Sylvia was just the first and only one to survive her traps. Betsy was given an over dose of synthetic tranquilization, for her sentence. Later every member of Betsy's family died due to the sudden death of her...