Part 4

Allie is already dressed and ready when Katie came to pick her up. She is wearing a soft yellow sundress, with her hair up in a ponytail. Tonight is a special night for Katie and Allie is excited to see her friend singing on stage at the night club, Dance Rite, something she has wanted to do for a while.

They drove together, talking about everything. They pulled up into the parking lot which is filled to the rim. Thankfully, they found a parking space not far away. They walked into the building, and were instantly hit with the loud sound of the music and the musky smell of sweat and alcohol. Allie wrinkled her nose in disgust and Katie smiled broadly at the familiar place. The music is booming, creating a vibration underneath their footsteps. Strobe lights are spinning around the room making it light up like a starry night. People are dancing on the dance floor, and rounded tables and booths line the front near a large stage. That's where Katie will be singing in a bit.

"I have to go talk to Cathy, you should go find a seat" Katie had to yell over the loud music. Allie nods and they go separate ways. She pushed herself through the crowd, and took a seat in a booth closest to the stage.

A waitress walked up to the tables and stopped by Allies table. "What can I get'cha hun?"

"Uh, I'll take a Shirley temple please" The waitress wrote down her order and asked if she needed anything else before she left.

Allie glanced around the room, smiling at the banner near the entrance that reads, Dance Rite Friday 8o'clock Open mic Night! A few minutes later, a familiar red head walks on stage. She grins widely at the crowd. Cathy has owned the club for years and she is like another family member to Katie.

"Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to open mic night" Claps erupt from the people and Allie can't help but clap along.

"Tonight we will have many different acts performing. Remember after eight thirty, drinks are on us. Without further ado, please put your hands together for Merle and his guitar solo" A man with a huge beer belly steps on stage. He pulls a stool up, and fixes the mic to his height. A lopsided smile adorns his lips and he adjusts his guitar strap around his neck.

"I'm going to be singing an old song by the Beatles called Hey Jude" Merle clears his throat before strumming the firsts cords to the song. Allie sways side to side during the song. Memories of her dad playing this song on road trips turns her lips upwards into a soft smile.

Merles voice is like a southern tone with a little rasp. Perfect combination for this song, oddly. The crowd comes alive, and starts singing the song along with him. He looks so happy and the cords he is strumming sounds interesting.

~*~

The audience applauses as Jenna exits the stage. Allie wiped the tears that had appeared from laughing so much from her eyes. The room had come alive and were happy with the entertainment they are receiving tonight. Cathy jumped onto the stage with her same wide smile, but this one is different. It is more of a proud smile than anything and Allie knew instantly who it is directed too.

"Okay, the last act of the night is someone very special, so please put your hands together for Katie and her solo" Katie smiled and Allie could tell she is nervous without even having to take a closer look. Katie adjusted the mic and smile at the crowd one more time, taking deep breaths. Allie caught her glance and gave her friend a reassuring thumbs up.

"I will be singing one of my favorites and a fairly new song. Sing along if you know it" Katie took one last deep breath.

Katie began the first few lyrics to Alessia Cara's song, Here. Her voice is gentle and so confident that it made Allie jealous.

No, this is her night. Not a time to worry about my petty problems.

Allie thought, angry with herself for thinking such thoughts. She should be very happy for her friend, and she is. This moment is very special and Allie needs it to stay that way, for Katie. This is Katie's moment to shine and she deserves to shine like a shooting star.

As Allie stares at Katie she can't help but notice the genuine happy look on her face. Her friend is happy to let her talent be known.

I can possibly be that happy if I just let myself. Katie is the one that said I'm the only one that let myself be free from my worries and anxiety.

Allie pondered everything that had happened at the auditions for the talent show, and how genuinely amazed that boy, Gavin was. She is the one holding herself back. She is self-consciously letting the worse scenarios and the hurtful words that might come along with her talent get in the way. It has clouded her judgment. She knew that if she ever wanted to be as happy as Katie is on that stage, she has to get over her fears and except the fact that not everyone will like her voice or songs, and it's not what others think, but the way she feels about herself.

To do that, she needs someone that has seen what she has gone through, and can help her overcome her self-conscious worry. They have watched her sing, and can judge her from an outsiders point of view.

And maybe she knows just the person that can help her with that.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hello My Sillies!

Man, aren't I on a roll with updating? This story is like my baby and I'm just enjoy writing so much! Anyways, I hope you enjoy this chapter and please leave some feedback. That would make me so happy.

Oh and is anybody else excited for Miranda sings' Haters Back off tomorrow. I don't know about you but I'm not getting any sleep because I will be binge watching that till Sunday morning.

Also, What are you going to dress up as for Halloween!? I'm going to be a social butterfly but I'm interested in what y'all are going as/