Chapter 3

Smith Pov

My mom was sleeping and taking rest whereas my sister was nursing her.. I wanted to badly stay with her but Alicia forced me to reach office as soon as possible as my PA Diana had called me several times but I couldn't pick up her call so she called my sister...

Diana was my PA and she was  very sweet and understanding and she helped in my personal as well as professional problems... she was a kinda beacon light for me...

I wore a black suit with blue shirt and asked my driver to keep my car ready with my laptop loaded in it.... After few minutes I got into the car and it took me around 25 minutes to reach my office...

Today I had an important meeting but I was in no mood... my mom was much more important and precious than any other one....

I couldn't even think of leaving her alone with Alicia, it's not that I don't trust Alicia but I love my mom more....

As I reached office all the members of meeting were already waiting for me... I regretfully apologized them and started to show my PowerPoint presentation of stock analysis...

Our meeting was over within 2 hours and I was waiting doctors call... All the members greeted each other and said a goodbye.. I ordered Diana to leave and ask all her colleagues also to leave as I was in no mood to make them work.....

The only thought in my mind was mom.... I was engrossed in thoughts of my mom when suddenly my phone rang....

"Hello, Steve here" he said in his manly tone with all hopes for the report to be fine...

"Steve this your mom's doctor and reports are ready..." he was saying when Steve cut him off..

"Is she fine doctor? Reports are good. Right? Why aren't you speaking anything damnit"

Steve got irritated and doctor continued" calm down, Steve. Meet me at your place after an hour.. there's something important we need to discuss"

Before any further questions doctor just hung up the call.... I was tensed as hell... I started thinking all the possibilities it could be.... To be precise all the negative possibilities.....

I couldn't think anything and then the next thing I did was pushed everything from my table to floor ....

I was so much irritated and banged by my thoughts....

Suddenly Diana entered and started collecting files which were down on the floor...

I saw her and yelled at her "why are you still here? Didn't you understand in simple words that I have given you all a half day" I was pouring my frustration on her...

She saw me and didn't spoke a word and continued collecting the files... I could see tears forming in her eyes...

The next thing I did was, I barged out of the office sat in the car and ordered driver to let me to my house.....

The whole car ride i only thought what my mother did for me and how she loved me and how I use to sleep on her lap, thinking this I couldn't believe my eyes were welled up and my driver cleared his throat as he was the first one to see that from his rear view mirror... On my defence i said "you look ahead and drive the car, and this is because some dust entered my eyes.. stop thinking too much"

And driver instantly looked ahead... I reached home and instantly went to mom's room where doctor was talking to Alicia......

Sorry guyzzz for late update....