Chapter 11

Lauren was leaving today. For the rest of tour that is. I had decided to stay back in Miami for a bit to get our apartment ready for me to send all my stuff over in a few weeks when tour went to the UK. The plan was for the girls to go on the South American leg of tour then I'd meet them in Dublin and go with them on the UK leg then when they went to the rest of Europe, I would bring my stuff over to Miami, then I had to go back to work. The new TV show I'm going to be on starts shooting, and it actually shoots in Miami so this whole moving in with Lauren thing actually worked out really well.

We told Mani, Dinah and Ally about us a few days ago. They were a little mad we hadn't told them, especially considering Camila knew, but they got over it and are just really happy for us.

'If I'm late to the airport it's going to be your fault!', Lauren shouted from where she was stood by the front door. I was currently trying to quickly make myself look presentable to go out in public. I had just had a shower and hadn't had time to dry my hair, not that I dry my hair usually anyway, but that meant that my hair was still a little damp. To cover it up I threw on a random beanie on my way out of the bedroom.

'Nice hat', Lauren said as I walked towards her

'Thanks....?', I said a little confused as to why she was pointing it out

'Look in the mirror babe', I did as she said and saw that I was wearing Lauren's beanie that had 'Jauregui' written across it

'Do you want me to wear a different one?', I asked her going to take it off

'No! I mean, you look cute in it'

'Aren't you worried about people getting suspicious', I asked her. After talking a little more, we had decided that we were going to tell her management before coming out to the entire world, we figured they'd probably be less mad that way.

'No, we're going to be telling them soon anyway, plus it's fun to drop hints and watch the fans go crazy over the smallest little things', she explained to me, pulling me into her by my waist and kissing my nose, causing me to scrunch it up, 'we need to go, or I'm gonna miss my flight', she turned and picked up her suitcase.

We walked out to my car putting Lauren's suitcase in the back then I hopped into the drivers seat and she got in the passenger side.

I'm new to driving in the US. I'm used to everything being the other way round. And intersections confuse the fuck out of me. Like, what's wrong with roundabouts? They're far more simple and much easier to work out. I always get confused as to who has priority over me, because it's opposite to in the UK so when I think about it I start to question myself and do it wrong then everyone gets annoyed at me, which just adds to my stress in the situation. It's because of this that Lauren hates having me drive her places. It also might be because I have a tendency to drive a little faster than she'd like me to.

'You need to slow down', Lauren told me as she gripped the edge of her seat, her knuckles turning white.

'I'm only going 30', I told her

'Yeah, but we're in a 20 zone, that 10 over the limit', she informed me

'Believe it or not but I can actually do maths'

'You mean math', she tried to corrects me

'No I mean mathS, with an s on the end', I argued

'You're wrong'

'No, you're wrong. Why would it be math when it's short for mathematicS, with an s', I tried to convince her, 'it's not mathematic is it?'

'No but it's MATHematics not mathSematics', she argued back