~nathan's pov~

i slump back downstairs. i don't get why ivy has to come down later then me. some stupid thing that mum and charl wanted to do i guess. i sigh and walk over to the door. guess i'd better start being a friendly ass host. i welcome some people. i think basically all of them. there's at least 100 people here tonight. geez, mum really went all out. this is going to flop so bad. i feel kinda bad for her. i mean she really thinks that me and ivy are... oh god. this is so stupid. all of it. why didn't i just say to mum that i had no fiancee? that would have made everything easier. "hey nathan." i hear a familiar voice. what the hell is he doing here?

"john. why are you here?" i ask him.

"your sister invited me..." he mumbles, rubbing the back of his head. i narrow my eyes at him. "so who's ivy engaged to?"

"oh she didn't tell you?" i ask, this is so typical charl.

"no... she didn't."

"well she's actually-"

"johnathon! glad you could make it!" i hear charl saying from behind me. i fake a smile and drag charl to one corner.

"what the hell were you thinking?" i hiss at her.

"well, you know. making old boyfriends jealous is kind of a plus side of getting engaged. don't worry nath, ivy won't ditch you or anything like that."

"that is not what i'm worried about." i reply. "and how come you didn't tell him that ivy was engaged to me?" i ask.

"well because i thought i'd leave that to you guys." she says, grinning then flouncing off. i shake my head and walk back to the douche. i swear i would beat him to a pulp if this wasn't my engagement party. honest to god.

"so erm who is the lucky guy?" asks john.

"me, actually. me and ivy are engaged." i say, frowning at him.

"oh. don't worry i'm not going to do anything-"

"i'm not worried. we're in love, you know that thing that happens to people? oh wait, no you don't because you're actually a dick head. excuse me while i go and talk to people who actually care about me and ivy." i say and then stalk off. there's no way i'm going to look at that idiots face for one more second. i walk back into the crowd and am about to head for the stairs, i mean i had better at least warn ivy, when i see a vision of beauty descending the stairs. she stops me right in my tracks. i mean i know i'm meant to be fake engaged to ivy, but it's not real so i suppose i'm allowed to like other girls, right? but as the girl descends the stairs, my heart starts to beat a lot faster because i realise that the girl isivy. which throws me a little. she stumbles a bit, looking nervous. and i just stand, rooted to the spot. there's no way that ivy... i mean she's... wow. her eyes scan the room, looking for something or someone. that's when it clicks. she's probably looking for me. as i walk up to her i see someone chatting with her. my fists automatically clench as she laughs at whatever it is that this random guy has said. she nods, smiling. i cough behind the guy, you know that 'ahem' cough. which means shut the fuck up. yeah that one. the guy turns around and shakes my hand. "congratulations." he says, and then walks off pretty quickly. ivy smiles at me. i open my mouth but she puts her finger on my mouth.

"don't even say anything because i know i look stupid." she says. i frown, removing her hand from my mouth.

"you look gorgeous." i whisper to her. she shakes her head.

"don't lie nath." she says, pushing me slightly.

"i'm not! you do! i honestly felt like i was cheating when i was checking you out on the stairs."

"what?" she asks, looking confused.

"seriously ivy, virtually every guy in the room was checking you out when you came downstairs. i was definitely one of them. i didn't even recognise you." i say to her.

~normal pov~

"you didn't even recognise me?" i ask, astounded. surely i don't look that different? he grins.

"i didn't. and then i thought, weeeell technically i'm allowed to check you out." he says, grinning.

"are you pulling my leg?" i ask him

"does it look like i'm pulling your leg? i mean surely i'd have to be sitting down for that..." he says. i shake my head at him.

"you're such a douche bag." i say to him. he just laughs at this. his face then clouds over and he drags me out of the room."what's going on?" i ask, really confused.

"hey ivy, i need to tell you something." he whispers to me.

"what's that?" i ask him, really confused, he seems very edgy all of a sudden. he sighs.

"john's here." he says quietly. i gulp.

"have you seen him?" i ask.

"yeah. at the door i-"

"please nathan tell me you didn't do anything." i say, my heart hammering.

"no, i didn't... wait did you know before me?"

"well charl told me that she saw him and invited him. only just though. i don't see why she did it."

"apparently to rub it in his face that you're engaged." says nathan, looking at the floor. i laugh sarcastically.

"that really worked." i say, sighing.

"ivy you aren't to cry." he says to me. i look at him and nod. "we're going to make him jealous." he says, a weird spark in his eyes.

"nathan, what're you...?" i whisper but all he does is grin evilly and take me back into the ballroom. uh-oh.