Chpt 31

I glance at my watch, biting my lip. The girls promised they'd be here on time, we only have the studio for a maximum of two hours to practice and I was up all night writing the rest of this bloody song. I take another swig from my coffee, getting irked that none of them are here and I've been waiting for five minutes. Ok so maybe I get a little over the top when it comes to rehearsals, but we have a gig in less than two weeks! There better be a good reason they aren't all here yet, or I'm not going to be a happy bunny. I hear my phone buzzing and grumble as I pull it out, seeing it's Tasha. "Hello, what's taking you so long?" I ask curiously. 

"Sall's broken her arm, we're in A&E." Tash whispers back, sounding stressed out. Oh geez, broken her arm? Those things take forever to heal.

"She's what?! Is she ok?"

"She's fine but she won't be able to play for the Big Break Studios gig." Tasha mutters, as if she's scared about what I'll do.

"So I'm going to have to do guitar and sing?" I ask.

"No Ivy you can't, that'd detract from the aesthetics of it and you know that they're big on aesthetics." I hear Sally saying, sounding as if she's in a lot of pain. 

"Right, which hospital are you at? I'm coming over to you." I decide, starting to pack my stuff up.

"No! You guys need to practice and nail this and you need more time now than we did before, you go I'll be fine." I hear Sall saying.

"What no? Guys don't be stupid. Sall your health comes before this."

"Ivy, my arm'll heal soon enough, Big Break Studios, however, won't wait around for us. If you guys don't go I'm not speaking to you ever again." she replies firmly, stating it as her ultimatum. "And Ivy before you become a smart alec, I demand you stay where you are." she adds before I point out that if I were to go then I would be required to leave the rehearsal studio. 

"Looks like we're coming over." Sasha says in a resigned tone of voice. 

   Half an hour later the Tasha and Sasha enter the room, both of them looking subdued. "Was she ok?" I ask.

"Yeah, Rachel came before we left, so she's not completely on her own." 

"Oh good." I whisper in relief. 

"So what are we going to do about the guitar situation?" Tasha asks. 

"I'm going to have to do it, there's no other way around it really." 

"But Sally was right about the aesthetics, that's something they love." Tasha points out, picking at her nails as she does when she's nervous.

"I would say I'll do it, but the drums need to be there." Sasha mumbles, looking annoyed. I gulp, could this be going any worse? That's when it hits me and a smile appears on my face. "Ivy?" Sasha asks, probably thinking that I've gone off the edge, causing me to laugh.

"It's official, she's lost it. So now all we have is the keyboard, drums and back up singers. We're sure to win now, eh Sash?" 

"Sure we are." 

"Guys, hold on two ticks." I say, grabbing my phone and rushing off. They stare after me as if I'm deranged. I dial Nathan's number, a wicked smile playing on my face. Heck he owes me a massive favour after the whole Gemma thing. 

"Hey Ivy, you alright?" 

"No not really, can you come to the studio?" I ask him.

"Who is it Nathan?" I hear Jenny asking in the background, causing my stomach to plummet. They'd gone back to 'being friends' but I'm pretty sure they were doing things that friends didn't do.