Chapter Thirteen

“What would you have me do to make things up to all of you?” she shone.

“Well I was thinking you could make us some of your awesome pies.” Ran grinned.

“Yes, and maybe some of your world famous spaghetti.” Luke chimed in, his Spanish accent making her heart leap.

“Are you all going to pay for the ingredients?” she laughed. “I am naught but a poor college student.”

“Come back to the hideout, you’ll find everything you need there.” Tina smiled, her voice sounding rather high after hearing all of the guys deep, throaty tones.

“Alright, it’s a deal.” Cass sighed.

“Welcome back.” Alex boomed, spreading his arms wide.

“Yah, we missed out shortest member.” Ter teased.

“I have never been the shortest member!” she shrieked.

“Sure you have.” Terrik waved her off. “And what the hell did you do to your hair? You look like a freak.” He tousled her hair good naturedly.

“I cut and dyed it. I needed a change.” She shrugged.

“Don’t listen to him, I think it looks great.” Tina chimed in, socking Terrik in the shoulder.

“Eh!” He grunted, pretending to be more hurt than he really was.

“Hold on a second. Member?” Justin broke in before Tina had the chance to respond, coming to stand beside her. She felt the rest of the coven move in closer as well and she froze. I never told them about The Shadow Wolves! Am I allowed to belong to a gang as well as the coven? I had not anticipated this. What shall I do?

“Who are these clowns?” Ter frowned, looking Justin up and down.

“Excuse me?” Spencer sneered, throwing off his cloak and wedging his way in between her and Justin. Preston immediately took up position behind him and Tim and Tylor fell in on either side. This is not good.

“Terrik, these are my friends.” She said nervously.

“Oh really? A little young for you, don’t you think?” he challenged.

“When has age started to matter to you?” she countered.

“Fair point.” He conceded.

“Am I honestly still a member? My prolonged silence hasn’t affected that at all?” she asked.

“Once a Shadow Wolf, always a Shadow Wolf.” Ter shrugged.

“Of course, the Shadow Wolves only have one rule. You haven’t broken it, have you?” Chan said with an air that left little doubt that she was sure Cass hadn’t broken the rule.

“No, I would never betray you, any of you. You are my family.” She assured them, looking each one in the eye.

“You didn’t have the tattoo removed?” Ryuu spoke up, his voice deeper than she remembered.

“No, of course not, why would I?” she questioned, slightly offended that he would suggest such a thing.

“You have a tattoo?” Preston called in disbelief.

“Yah, I didn’t have you pegged as a tat kinda girl.” Spencer agreed, looking at her curiously.

“Yes, well, it’s only one and I would have not gotten it if not for the Shadow Wolves.” She sighed.

“Can we see it?” Tim requested.

“Yah, let’s see it.” Spencer ordered her. She arched an eyebrow at him and he immediately backtracked.