Chapter 15: A Big Robot Family

I woke up the next morning and sat there thinking. I was partially awake the entire time, or at least enough to hear what everyone was saying, but one thing stuck out to me. 'You're like a drug (Y/n), I can't live without you.'

I turned over to look at the time. I slept for a day! I jumped up, changed into a new uniform and ran out to the training area. Wally sat in a lounge chair being served by Captain Marvel.

"Are you seriously taking this much advantage of being hurt?" I asked. Despite my annoyance with this, it was a struggle to hold back a laugh.

"You try getting hurt on a mission."

I clenched my jaw and fists. Forget laughing. The team and Captain Marvel took a large step back. They knew what could happen.

"I don't try to to get shot by lightning for you guys. Pass out, get electrocuted, turn against you, receive claw shaped scars on my shoulders. I told you about and faced something that I never wanted to see again. So I think I have gotten hurt on a mission." I said calmly and walked away.

The team looked at me surprised and incredibly confused. I would have broke Wally's other arm, so this wasn't normal.

"Red- he taught me that my powers would burst out in times of extreme anger." I shrugged.

Zatara zeta-d into the cave and typed a few things into the computer. A girl around my age walked through the zeta tube.

"Meet my daughter, Zatanna." Zatara smiled.

"Welcome to the cave." Kaldur smiled.

"So are you joining the team?" Robin asked.

"Let's not get ahead of ourselves. This is strictly a visit. But I am sorry we missed the training. It is something in which she could benefit."

"Do the rest of you get the impression we're still on probation with Zatara?" Megan asked telepathically.

"Not just Zatara, I mean, why is Marvel still around?" Conner questioned.

"Because we like having him around." Wally argued.

"You like having him around because he waits on you hand and foot." I snapped crossing my arms.

"And your point is..."

"It almost makes one nostalgic for Red Tornado as our supervisor." Aqualad sighed.

"Yeah, at least he trusted us!" Artemis agreed.

"If you ignore the fact that we shouldn't have trusted him!" Conner yelled, "he was a traitor! That machine nearly got M- all of us killed!"

"Are you guys having a telepathic conversation?" Zatanna asked, "cause I can't decide if that's really cool, or really rude."

"Alright fine we were talking about Red Tornado. It's been weeks since his attack and you haven't told us anything." I admitted.

"We are searching for Tornado, as well as the other androids that invaded the cave and their creator, T.O Morrow. Batman's made it a league priority." Black Canary assured.

"But you've found none of the above." Robin commented.

"Not yet, but Red Tornado is Justice League. The team is not to pursue this." Black Canary ordered.

"Why don't you all take Zatanna on a tour of the cave." Zatara suggested.

"Ah you're giving a tour! Cool." Captain Marvel walked in with Wally's nachos.