Prologue

Prologue

Once upon a time in a far away kingdom lived a happy King and Queen, they were both loved by all and people were always wanting to meet them. The villagers were always happy, no one was poor, the village had little parties every Friday which the King and Queen always tried to attend. One day the Queen of Treston had told the king something that was going to change their lives, they were to have a child, once the word got out everyone in the village celebrated with joy as the new child is bound to become a wonderful ruler.

A few months later little baby wails were heard throughout the castle, the princess was born and healthy but her mother was not and lost her life. Although it was a sad time the King promised himself and his daughter that he'll stay a good person, he promised he'll raise her right, he promised his wife that he'd look after his daughter and won't leave her side no matter what, he had named her Katniss.

Shortly after when Katniss turned three she had lips as the colour of a red rose, hair black as ebony and her skin beautifully tanned. She was definitely a beautiful child and she loved her father dearly, her father was beginning to miss his wife who had passed so long ago and as his new trip came up and he said goodbye to Katniss he was also looking for a wife. A few months later the king arrived home but he wasn't alone, a beautiful woman was with him after her and Katniss met they married three days later.

On Katniss's sixth birthday her father had caught a terrible sickness, his last words to her were words she'll never forget and as she cried by her stepmothers side her father was drifting away from the world and Katniss's stepmother escorts her out of the room and let's her be alone and grieve in her room, her father was buried right beside her mother in the cemetery which the whole village attended making the day even sadder.

The days turned into weeks, weeks into months and then months turned into years and Katniss was thirteen, scrubbing the floors of her own castle in a dress that the ladies in the kitchen wear, what no one knew was that the queen was the most cruel person in the whole land and she has advice from a mirror hidden in her room, once when Katniss was eleven the queen had asked the mirror 'who was the fairest of them all?' The mirror had replied with Katniss and so she had Katniss dressed in rags and was too clean the palace, the only time she was to see the outside world was lunch, dinner and when she went berry picking in the woods. The evil Queen had felt powerful and she stayed Queen ignoring that Katniss ever existed and that's how she kept it.

So I'm thinking of doing Everlark/Disney books. What do you guys think?