Chapter 4: Little Things

I walk up to the home and go through the small door, I look around the home, stacks of dirty dishes, dusty, webs everywhere, dirty clothes, my goodness what kind of people live here? Maybe if I clean their home they'll let me stay and so I get to work, dusting, wiping, scrubbing and once the inside is done I go outside to the little stream and do their clothes, scrubbing them all and once I've completely finished the sun is starting to set and so I take the basket of clean clothes and set them in a place for now and I can put them away later when the owners come back home.

I go upstairs with the candle and smile, beds, they won't mind if I sleep just for a little while will they? I'm sure if they don't I can apologise and so I push three beds together and lay across them, they're quite comfy and I find myself falling asleep.

|
|
|

My eyes flutter open as I feel a cold breeze on me and I sit up and squeal, seven small people standing there, oh! It all makes sense, the small clothes, the small beds

"Um. Hello everyone. I hope you didn't mind but I stumbled upon your home and well you see I have no where else to go" I explain

"Well you ain't stayin here!" One says

"Oh please let me stay! I can clean and cook and I know where the best berries are. Oh please let me stay" I beg

"What is your name?" A calmer one asks

"I'm Katniss. Katniss Everdeen"

"Princess?!" They all exclaim

"She can't stay here! The Queen will have our heads for this!" The one from before shouts

"Oh no. She thinks that I am dead. You see she had sent my most closest thing to a mother to kill me but she couldn't do it and told me to run. Please let me stay. I promise she won't hurt you" I explain and they huddle together, all I hear is quiet whispering, nothing I can make out and soon they all face me

"We have all agreed that you can stay here" the calmer on says and I smile

"Thank you! Thank you so much! May I know your names?" I ask and so they introduce themselves the calm on is Cinna, the other one from before is Johanna, Twill, Buttercup, Ceaser, Bonnie and then Haymich, I do hope I can stay here for a little while longer.

|
|
|

"Okay. Now that we've all washed up we will be able to eat" I state setting the pot of soup on the table and we all eat and I am able to talk to everyone nicely, well Johanna seems not to like me but hopefully she warms up to me one day, I guess it's because I'm a complete stranger who was in her house.

After supper everyone puts on a little musical for me and they play all of their instruments and dance around singing, making me feel so much better, I really hope that we can all be friends and I can forget about my old life and that it never happened. With spare sheets and things I am able to make myself a bed by Cinna's and I look up at the ceiling, was it worth me running? Was it all worth it not telling Peeta or his father about stepmother? Maybe not but I'm feeling much more comfortable here with my seven dwarfs.

|
|
|

I'm up bright and early cooking breakfast for my seven little friends, technically six but I'm working on it, anyway I decide to use the berries that don't seem too old and other things and once they're all piling down the stairs they rush to their seats and I smile as they dig into their food and I sit down as well

"I was wondering, if you don't mind, if I can't use the spare fabric I saw you had and maybe make a dress out of it?" I ask

"Why of course" Cinna says and I smile

"Oh thank you! I'll be sure to pack you all lunch and that dinner is on the table when you arrive home" I explain and they call cheer, except for Johanna.

I wave goodbye to them all as they all whistle away with their lunches and pickaxes and I shut the door when they're out of site and I empty out all the fabric and get started on making a dress using a needle and thread to keep it all together.

I look at the dress and smile

I look at the dress and smile. It's perfect. I go into another room and I change feeling relieved at how light it is and not a heavy ball gown. I fold up the ball gown and I go back downstairs and grab the basket and walking into the woods where I can find berry bushes, I hum a song that my father sang to me all the time as I pick the berries, I love how nice my friends are to me, it makes me feel so much more loved and hopefully it stays that way.

Red Apples  [Completed]On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara