Chapter 24

Wattpad pick of the day:

A Summer Of Firsts by TaraLDeclan

Southern setting so of course I would love the book and TaraLDeclan is an amazing writer. Check it out!

Keep commenting guys, it motivates me!

*********************

"Have fun," John Luke smirks and I glower at him as he kisses my cheek.

"I can't believe I agreed to this," I groan, adjusting my boots. John Luke chuckles as Sadie comes barreling down the stairs. Reed and Daisy are on a date right now, Cole and John Luke are seated on Miss Kay's couch, and I am standing behind the couch, waiting for Sadie.

"Ready?" Sadie brightens when she sees me and I plaster a fake smile on my face, nodding. "Let's go." She grabs my hand and begins to pull me away.

"Wait," John Luke calls out, standing up and facing me. I turn my was to hi and he smiles. "You forgot something." I furrow my brows and he sighs. "Kiss me," he pleads and I roll my eyes. "I mean, you don't have to if you don't want to. I just thought, you know, since like-"

"You should've just left it," Cole coughs and John Luke blushes, looking down at his hands. Sadie drops my hand and my boots clunk as I quickly pace the floors, throwing myself into John Luke's arms. His arms wrap around me and I smile, closing my eyes as he leans in to kiss me. He chuckles in the kiss and I end up kissing his teeth. He closes his mouth again and kisses me feverishly for a moment before he breathes out through his nose. I step back over the couch, gasping for air. John Luke laughs breathlessly.

"Bye," I breathe before spinning and walking out to hop into my truck. Sadie is already seated in the passenger seat. She raises her brows when I look at her. Her eyebrows wiggle up and down and I roll my eyes, my cheeks growing crimson. "Shut up. Let's just get this over with."

*******************

"This one?" Sadie holds up a skimpy nurse costume and I squint at it.

"Are you holdin something? Because all I see is a hanger. There's nothing there!" I exclaim and she rolls her eyes, putting the costume back. A sigh falls from my lips as I scan the racks.

"Can't I just go as a nerd?" I ask her. "I could wear ugly, knee socks and glasses and a goofy shirt and then carry around a book when we have y'all's party," I explain.

"No," she glares at me. "You have to match John Luke and you have to look amazing."

"I can look amazing in a nerd outfit," I scoff and she laughs at me.

"No. You can't." She tells me and I smile. "This one?" She holds up a black and white maid dress.

"No." I groan. An idea pops into my head and I smile. "What if I dress up normal and John Luke goes as a doctor? I can be his patient."

"Aw that would be adorable. But you have to wear a name tag or hold a clip board with papers that you have to fill out. Otherwise, no one will know. Or, y'all could go as dancers. He can dress in a suit and you can have a fancy dress. Or y'all can be hunters in camoflauge. Or, you could be painters. Get some old clothes and cover them in paint. That would be fun to make. Or, he could go as Superman and you could go as Wonder Woman."

"Ew no. Spider-Man is way better than Superman," I argue and she rolls her eyes.

"Then he can be Spider-Man and you can be Black-Cat," she waves her hand and my jaw drops.

"No! I would be Gwen Stacy. Everyone knows they are the cutest couple ever made up," I tell her and she raises her eyebrows. My cheeks heat at my nerd talk. "What? I grew up with two geeky brothers. What can you expect?"