Chapter 19

SORRY ITS SO LATE. I FEEL SO BAD. BUT HERE IT IS. I WILL TRY TO MAKE IT LONG.

----------

Kay's POV

---

"Your sister was beautiful, she looked just like you," he tells me. My fists clench. Just get to it already. "She and I dated for a year and a half before she passed."

"Can you just cut to the point please?" I ask, annoyed. I didn't come here to chat. I came here to find answers. His crystal green eyes lock with mine and I flinch at the hissed feeling inside of them. Darkness. Evil. Desire. A murdorous combination. My eyes travel along his body until they catch a gun resting on his hip. Oh. Alright.

"We'll do this how I want to do it," he growls at me and I wince. He smiles before continuing, pacing around me and staring at the rich, green grass. "She acted just like you too. She was smart. Tough. She had her walls built up. Never let anyone get to her. Except Clara," he chuckles again and my eyes widen.

"You know Clara?" I ask, spinning to face him. He nods his head.

"We went out until we figured we would be better as friends. Then she got...different. How do you know her?" he asks me and I brush the hair from my face.

"She is the nurse at my high school," I reply to John, Clara's friend and my sisters ex. Wait.

"Your the guy. The older guy who dated my sister. The guy who Clara likes."

"She likes me?" he asks. I nod.

"Duh. It's obvious. When she was telling me about you and my sister, I read her face. She got so angry. So jealous." I describe as I fold my arms.

"But she changed. Clara used to wear pink and yellow sundresses. She had long, blonde hair. She wore sandals and high heels. She wore diamonds and light blue nail polish. She wore flowers and bows in her hair. The only peircings were earrings and a belly button ring. Now she's...completely different. She has no feelings. She listens to screaming bands. I thought I loved her. BUT when I started dating Hailey," I wince at her name, "Clara started developing into a creature incapable of any emotion. This explains why. I hurt her. It's my fault," his knees drop to the grass and he drops his head to his hands. "I made her like that." He repeats over and over until he finally gains composure. HE stands swiftly and faces me as if he wants just sobbing into the ground. "Your sister was murdered. The night she died she had been at my house. She told me how much she loved me. How much she was going to miss me. I thought she meant since she was going camping for a few days. Now I know.

"Anyways, she had been saying all day long how she didn't like these four people. Clara, Phoebe Starr, Gavin Daniels, and Ryan Ashmore. They were the only four who got under her skin. They all went to college with us. Clara wasn't in their group, but the rest are all together. Phoebe was jealous because everyone like Hailey. Gavin wanted her and she rejected him. And Ryan...she never said why she didn't like Ryan. She always said it was too hard to explain. Which leads me to believe that he's the one who killed her." He reaches into his jacket and pulls out a sheet of paper. HIS hands shakily unfold the paper and holds it out to me. It's a letter.

Dear Hailey,

I know you won't get this letter. You'll be gone by the time it gets to your mailbox. I just wanted to say that I am sorry for what I've done. I know it's wrong. But I had to. You were tearing me away from my plan. So I'm sorry. I won't write this long but I hope you know that this wasn't my intention.

~Ryan Ash.

My eyes narrow in question.

"Where can I find him?" I ask John and he flips the paper over.