Picturesque

Artemis crock made her way across the dark roofs and alley ways of Gotham.There were easier ways to get to her destination,easier ways to get to the docks.But after her scuffle with Batman two days ago,she was still bruised and she knew for a fact that Nightwing would be taking over,after what she did to Batman. In the back of her mind,she felt guilty,really guilty but ...but

'She and Wally were gonna buy the world...they all were'...

She couldn't say for sure if Wally would want this to stop,but burned in her head was the memory of swinging from the statue of liberty with a grappling hook..

'I don't want this to ever end...'

Adrenaline pumping,hearts racing and together...together they were invincible...until Wally decided to play "hero " and it obviously did him no good.

Artemis could see him in the distance,Nightwing. She couldn't see his masked face,but she knew his posture,his grace,that of a true acrobat.

She had come to some of his performances before,years ago before everything went to hell.When Tim and Bart were taken,it was the stat of darkness,because Wally...Wally changed.Wally Changed and Dick changed and then bodies were found and...

As she approached her destination ,Neptune's Lounge,a nightclub owned by an old friend,she shoved such thoughts aside.

Dropping to the ground in the alley,she swapped her boots out for a pair of high heels to match the green dress,checked her makeup ,and went inside.

As she entered,music hit her ears,pounding in the background,a man at the door stopped her.

"Name's not on the list gorgeous",he said.

"Don't fuck with me...or I'll call Black Manta personally to go handle this",she said.She reveled in the look of shock that crossed his lips when she said that.

It was then that the stained glass doors of the club opened and a tall handsome man with short cropped blonde hair ,green eyes that somehow matched his brown skin approached ,dressed in an expensive black suit with a charcoal colored turtleneck.But it was the silver and black sea-shell ring on his finger with a diamond in it that was the most eye-catching

"You're late",he said to Artemis,not even acknowledging the man at the door.

"He gave me trouble",she said,jerking her thumb at the doorman.

"M-mr.Manta sir-",before he could even finished,The Black Manta's eyes flashed blue and the door man was instantly dropped.

Artemis whistled,a smirk on her face.

"Guess you still got it,huh,Kal? Been hanging with Zee lately",sh said.

"Never lost it--and yes,we're on speaking terms.He'll be fine..but I'll need to find a better use for him,.He should know better than to interrupt a special guest",Kaldur'ahm said,taking her hand and kissing it. Artemis rolled her eyes and Kaldur smirked.

"You're a regular prince charming,aren't you? ",she said.

"When I want to be--I feel a bit bad for this one though.It's good that it's carpet ",Kaldur said,looking at the fallen man.

"Unbelievable.You knock a guy out cold and worry for his safety.You big softy",Artemis teased and Kaldur chuckled.

"Not the same as in the heat of battle where force is necessary.That was just a friendly reminder for those with short memory",he said.

"Now come...we have business to discuss",Kaldur said. He casually stepped over the unconcious man,Artemis close behind.

The two made there way through the warm lit lounge whith vine wrapped greek columns and aa touch of a sea theme to it. It reminded her of something from Kaldur's home,but not quite.