V.

I jumped up and down as I started to countdown my crush's arrival.

It had been a few awkward days after us almost locking lips, but I was determined to keep going.

Did I want to kiss him?

Yes!

Was I scared?

Yes!

It would be my first time after all.

I mean I guess a kiss means little to most... But to me... I think a kiss means something.

At least mine will.

Whenever I kiss Jake, I want him to feel all of my feelings. I want him to shiver and moan. I want him to want to take things to the next level, but I won't let that happen.

I won't.

But today went differently.

Today he entered the room with a bruised cheek, a black eye, and a busted lip.

"Jake?" I raised a brow at his silence.

He looked up at me with watery blue eyes.

Ugh, he has the eyes of the skies and the seas combined.

I felt my heartache.

"What happened?" I asked, desperately trying to restrain all of my feelings.

"I told my Dad."

"Told him what?"

"I'm gay..."

"And he beat you up?"

He nodded and dropped my gaze.

"Well what's wrong with being gay?" I arched a brow. "I'm gay too..."

"Yea, but you don't like affection so you aren't really effected by people's opinions."

"Only because I was raised to not care." I sighed. "I'm the son of an undertaker and I can animate the dead. I'm not used to being hugged or kiss..." I furrowed my brows. "My parents simply gave me what I needed to live. Nothing more, nothing less. I was nothing more than an heir to their business. When they died I was supposed to take care of the dead... Instead... I ended up getting sent here because I'm a freak."

I glared at my homunculus.

"You're not a freak."

"Then don't feel sad because of your father. I've heard you in the gardens talking about the man... He's no good."

"Maybe so... But what am I to do?"

"Just stay here. Stay here with me."

"Enoch, you don't want me here."

I puffed my cheeks. "Believe what you want, American. I'm not going to beg you or try to convince you."

"..." He started sniffing and I glanced up.

"Why are you crying?"

"Why do you care?!" he snapped back.

"I-I don't know! I just know I hate seeing you do it."

"That's not true!"

I dropped the scalpel in my hand and rose up bitterly. "Come here, you little punk."

"No."

I sighed and ruffled my hair before walking towards him. "Jake."

"..."

I crouched in front of him and placed my hands on both sides of the bench.

"Jake..." I murmured, waiting for his eyes to lock with mine. "Jake..."

His eyes slowly went up to lock with mine and as soon as he saw my small smile, I leaned in and kissed him.

I blushed as I heard him gasp.

My tongue managed to venture into his mouth after I landed a few nips on his bottom lip.

A groan of delight encouraged me to deepen the kiss.

I moaned back as he tugged on my hair in hopes of getting more pressure.

When our teeth smacked I pulled away stunned and he looked just as shocked, with a small flare of delight.

I guess he wasn't expecting that that either.

I glanced at his messy hair and slightly sweaty skin. I didn't even feel that worked up. "Close your mouth, idiot. It would be a shame if a fly flew in there and created maggots."

His mouth snapped shut and I returned to my desk to work on my homunculus with a new smile plastered on my face.

"Enoch?"

"What?"

"You look sexier when you smile."

"Did I not look sexy without it?"

"Hmmm. For the mysterious type you were doing pretty well... But that smile... Is to die for."

"Ooh. You're too kind. That still hasn't changed my answer though."

"I figured." he sighed.

"Do you need me to say it again?"

"No." he rolled his eyes.