seven :: the intruder

Start from the beginning

"Shit" he muttered, running his fingers through his thick hair. 

"Don't swear under my roof. My mother would not tolerate it" I said, annoyed at his cussing. "Scooch over, I want to sit down. My back aches and my neck's so stiff from sleeping on the floor" I said, waving him to the sides.

I immediately fell on the bed as soon as my feet hit the warm mattress. I didn't care how I looked then, or the fact that Henry was lying beside me. I just wanted to sleep in my own warm bed again, and sleep till noon. Which was a slight exaggeration because I knew for sure none of my family would let me stay in bed for that long. They would have thought I was drunk or something.

"What the hell am I wearing?" Henry spoke, and I turned my head to see him staring down at my shirt he was wearing. I hadn't realized it was my blue shirt with mickey and minny mouse embedded on it.

"My shirt. I didn't want you to catch a cold and you kept on complaining how cold it was last night. I didn't have a choice since my brothers' wouldn't like it if they saw their shirt on you so I had to settle for mine. Luckily, I had a medium size otherwise you would have caught pneumonia as you liked to say" I mumbled through the pillow, my voice become muffled by the sheets.

I was enjoying the warmth Henry was providing me, and I burrowed even closer to his heat. "I think I would have risked wearing your brother's shirt rather than yours. It barely fit me and it goes up to my stomach. There wasn't any point of wearing this, in the first place Leona"

I pried my eyes open, my green eyes met blazing blue eyes. He was annoyed, and I smiled to myself. It was a fair payback since he embarrassed me earlier, "Well, poor you big guy" 

I said it half-heartedly since sleep was dragging me down already, but I felt the bed shake because of Henry's chuckle. It started low and turned into a full laughter. My eyes opened quickly, and I hissed, "Shh! Don't be loud, my family will hear you!"

"Oh, you're scared Mommy and Daddy will find their little girl sleeping with a boy in her room?" he teased, smirking. 

"Shut up!" I hissed some more, I was starting to sound like a snake.

"Make me" he challenged, his eyes glinted dangerously.

"No. Just go, please. Before any of my family see you here" I urged, sitting up. My body protested as it left the warmth of my bed. I didn't want to get up either but it seemed like Henry needed some pushing before he go.

"No. I want to stay a bit longer, I'm enjoying your room" he said, sounding like a little kid. 

I sighed, "Look, you can always go back later. Right now, I need you to go home and shower and get dressed. Your family's probably looking for you right now" 

"But I have a migraine!" he complained, and it took such a toll on me not to lose my patience on him. "My head's pounding so hard"

I made a face at him. "I'll give you some medicine for it then you go, okay?" 

He grinned, showing a full white teeth. "Deal"

I sighed one last time, and walked to my drawers. I knew I had a stash somewhere here-

"You've got a nice little round ass" Henry commented, propping a hand on his chin while looking down at my butt. 

My face reddened and I realized I was only wearing my night gown, I quickly grabbed my robe and wrapped it around me. "No funny bussiness, Henry!" I said, not enjoying every bit of this. 

He only grinned but stayed put when I finally found the medicine he needed. "Here you go" I said, placing it on his palm. 

"Thanks" he open one capsule out and swallowed it whole. I could never do it like that like others could. The thought of without drinking the medicine without water made me want to gag. 

"Now go" I said, putting my hands on my hips. 

Before he could say anything, I heard footsteps on the hallway. Someone was awake, and I was damn sure it was one of my parents'. They were such early birds, I thought.

"Leona, honey? Who you're talking to?" My mother's voice called out, her voice looming over the thin walls. Damn! She heard me talking, great. My own mother might thought I was losing it already, but maybe I was?

"No one, mum!" I called back, putting a hand over Henry's mouth so he wouldn't make a noise.

 "Come down soon, I'm making breakfast already. I'll just wake your siblings up" she said, her voice disappearing already.

"Will do!"

I turned my head towards Henry and gave him my best stern look which seemed to work on him, because his face became sheepish. "You need to go. I'll just see you in school"

"Fine, fine. I'll go" he got up and nearly ripped my favorite blue shirt off his body. 

"Be careful!" I said, worried he might actually rip it.

He smirked, and handed it back to me. "Here you go, sweetheart. Thanks for letting me stay the night, you've been wonderful" with that, he gave me a peck on the cheek. My cheeks burned from where his lips touched. I nodded, not trusting myself to speak.

With that, he opened my window and leapt out. I stared in shock, but I wasn't aware my mouth was opened. My mother's called for breakfast again sent me back to myself, and I shook my head as if it had gone a little hazy than it should have.

I shut my window before I came downstairs. My family were already sitting on their usual places, My brother had bags under his eyes, it looked like he hadn't had much sleep either. I gave my "Good Morning" routine conversation with my parents' and siblings and sat down next to my dad. 

A bowl of cereal appeared in front of me and I was glad to busy myself with food. I eyed Chris carefully, taking glances at his direction every now and then from my cereal. And then he spoke, my heart thudded. "Mum, were you up last night?" he asked, frowning. 

"No, why?" My mother asked, looking at him funny.

He scratched his head, confused. "I think someone was throwing rocks on my window" 

Oh damn

I willed my pounding heart to calm down, praying that Chris would just forget about it and continue with his breakfast. But he didn't do it, instead, he pushed on. "I know I wasn't dreaming, and I wasn't certainly hallucinating. Was I?"

"Maybe. But I bet you'd been dreaming and you just imagined  it was real" I replied quickly, stuffing another spoonful of cereal into my mouth. I cursed myself for having such a big mouth. 

"Maybe" Chris said, absently.

But I bet he didn't believe a thing I said. 

Hey Guys! :D Here is chapter seven. I'm really having fun writing this and please don't forget to comment and vote. This is unedited, and not proofread and has grammatical errors. Enjoy y'all. :)

Also, I've updated The Sweet Taste Of Rejection. Don't forget to check it out as well.