seven :: the intruder

I awoke with the curtains astride and sunlight streamed through the glass window. My back ached from the hardness of my floor, and my neck was stiff from a painful, twisted way it was lying before. My legs were intertwined with Henry's long legs, and it took a whole ounce of me not to scream.

And I realized he had crushed here in my house. In my room. 

With a painful groan, I hefted myself up to my arms and dug the heels of my palm to push my body up. My eyes were full of sleep, and I studied Henry hard. He was still my shirt but it rolled up, showing his tanned, powerful torso. I tried not to stare but it seemed like it had its own mind and I only found myself looking even more.

It was wrong and I knew it, but I couldn't help myself. I had enough sins of my own and this was adding up as it was. What would my parents' say if they found out I had a boy up here in my room? They would surely kill me and probably ground me forever after that. It was a painful punishment and I didn't want to suffer, there was only one thing to do. Get Henry out of here before any of my family see him.

I picked my pillow up the floor and dropped it back down to my bed with a sleeping Henry on it. I crouched down to shake his strong, broad shoulders. His skin felt silk beneath my hand and I had slap myself twice before I reminded myself it was Henry Phillips sleeping here. The popular bad boy in Eastview high, Mr. Casanova known for taking every girls' virginity.

I shook the idea aside, and whispered as quietly as I could. "Henry!" I hissed, shaking him till he awakened. He made a slurring sound which I didn't quite catch and understood. "You need to get up, my parents' going to kill me if they saw you here" 

One of his eyelids popped open, giving me a full view of his beautiful blue eyes. "What happened? Did we have sex, Leona? Because I can't remember" I stared at him in disbelief, I caught my jaw before it dropped to the floor. He thought of sex first thing in the morning? And he thought we had sex? 

"Why are you so shocked?" he asked, rubbing his eyes. His hair was sticking up in all directions, making him look even more sexier.

"You thought of sex first thing in the morning, Henry? Are you for real?" I asked, incredulous. "And no, we did not do it" I still couldn't say the S word without blushing. Just thinking about it now made me even flushed more. 

I caught a glimpse of smile at the end of his lips, "You are thinking about it too. I can tell because you're blushing" he accused, pointing a finger at me.

"I am not!" I defended, hotly. The temperature had risen up to a degree, I was glad to open the window so that I could think more clearly. I seemed to lose my sanity when I was around Henry and I didn't like it. I was being unreasonable and acting like a bad girl. 

"Then why did you blush when I asked you if we had sex?" Henry continued, invading my thoughts again. 

"Because, I don't think it's a good idea to talk about first thing in the morning" I reasoned, proud of myself for thinking of such a reasonable explanation.

"Some people have sex first thing in the morning" he argued, shrugging. He couldn't see my point, and I didn't think he would even consider it either.

My face heated again, "Yeah, but that's different, alright!" I said, exasperated. "We did not have intercourse and you were drunk last night and called me in the middle of the night to say you need my help"

Henry's eyebrows creased, "I didn't know I was drunk last night, let alone remembered calling you."

"And you threatened to puke all over my carpeted floor" I added.