*1*

Characters In MM❤️

Compton, California Thursday, 7:25 a.m

Keenon's POV
My pops always told me A Mind Is A Terrible Thing To Waste. and that I should use it wisely . He was right. It was my last year of high school for me and my friends we all had dreams , goals and all that shit. But when you got responsibilities you ain't got time to be dreaming all the time . Shit I guess it's the difference between being a boy and a man and if you from Compton you grow up real fast and catch on to things real quick.

West Side Compton , California 400 Spruce Street. My hood my street. I seen and done a lot of things and I learned from them . I'm just ready to see what the future holds for me .

" Keenon I gotta go to work im running late breakfast is on the stove make sure y'all lock up when y'all leave ." My aunt Jenny said walking through the house grabbing her stuff.
Aunt Jenny was my mama only sister .  She's supposed to be raising me and my brother.  It cool staying with her but I'm just ready to get out on my own.

"Aye Kam. if you need a ride nigga you better act like it ." I yelled tapping on the door . "aight man I'm coming !"

Kam was my little brother . I call him rock. Hardheaded as hell. Other than that he going on the right path . Playing football and keeping his head in the books . Exactly what my parents wanted for us. Then it's me , Keenon . The man of the family and of the house . After me and Kam got ready we headed out to go to school. Paramount High . The school of the ratchets, thots, gangbangers , all that shit. But first we had to slid through and pick up my boy Reem.

" I don't know why you got yo ass in the front and know Reem ride in the front every morning." I blew the horn as I pulled up in front of Reem house .

" don't start man." Kam mumbled . A few seconds later Reem appeared outside of the door with his suit on , and his book bag hanging off his shoulder looking like he going away to boarding school .

Reem was my nigga well he basically like my best friend. He ended up getting accepted into an Ivy League school. " just picture ya boy running through campus with the girls nah white girls ." He said showing me and Kam a page in the school year book.

" white girls?" Kam said laughing .I shook my head chuckling a little. " shit either way Reem you bless bro ."

"I know man but it ain't even paid for yet ..hell im gone need a job , loans , grants and all that shit to pay the damn tuition off." We had to drive across town because Reem went to some rich school in Beverly Hills . My nigga smart . Hell that nigga brilliant compare to most of the kids in our generation. But to us he's just plain old Reem .

" ight man here's your stop." I looked around and seen a whole lot of white people and shit. Ain't no way I could ever go to this damn school.

" damn Reem you the only black nigga here ?" Kam said hopping in back in the front seat. " Hell gotta be." I mumbled .

" damn hot ass suit on." " Keenon I'm gone hurt him ." Reem said slapping Kam up side the head . " ight we out man!"

It was already after 8 and I still had to drive back cross town so me and Kam could get to school.

      Beverly Hills, 9:39 a.m

Chanel's POV
" alright daddy I'm about to leave !" I yelled walking into the foyer .  Being that I'm a senior I only have two classes and then I'm done for the day. The name is Chanel. Born in raise in LA . Growing up I was always a goody two shoes. Never been in trouble , very respectful and mindful. But I'm very spoiled being that I'm the only child and my daddy is multi millionaire who heads a successful business and my mother is a author. Must say life is great.

My parents want the best for me and I appreciate them for pushing now I'm a senior taking classes on a college level , have my own car, own money , all of that. I take classes for fashion and designing because when I graduate, I plan on being an entrepreneur designing my own clothes and owning my own business. But that's the future I have to keep snapping back in reality. The world we live it is not just gonna hand it to me . I have to work for it . I know all my hard work will pay off soon though.

" Everyone falls in love sometimes
I don't know 'bout you but it ain't a crime." I sung as I parked in the parking lot. I listen to this song by Tory Lanez almost everyday. It's catchy. I cut the car off, putting my keys in my purse . I threw on my bomber jacket along with my scarf.

It's fall and that means is bomber season . My favorite time of year and winter . I dress 100% better in the fall and in the winter than I do summer .

" Make sure I lock my car ." I mumbled to myself as I checked the car door . I locked it just to make sure , quickly making my way in the building while the cold breeze hits my flesh.

" you sure do look warm enough." My friend Casey said holding the door open for me. Casey is my sister I never had before. We've basically grew up together being that our parents are very close . Even though we are like best friends we are completely different.

I'm like more calm and quiet, but Casey? She's uptight as hell. When you're a spoiled rich girl you are very different from others. Way different. But I don't put nothing pass her she's cool and very unique in her own way.

" I brought you a cappuccino and some power donuts." I smiled as she handed it to me. Every morning before I start working I have to have a cappuccino. It boosts my mood and I'll have a good day . Or else I'll be cranky .

" Goodmorning ladies!" My teacher Ms. Gavins  says strutting in the class room. " it's cold out there to say it's like the beginning of fall." She informs , taking off her bundles of clothes she had on.

I sat my food down taking off my bomber along with my scarf hanging it up in my cubby with the rest of my belongings.

" so what you got plan for this weekend?" Casey ask. I sighed deeply sitting down next to her .

" probably going to Zoey's to ch-." " so you going on that side of town ?" I sucked my teeth.

" Casey I haven't seen Zoey in awhile since summer break ." She rolled her eyes humping her shoulders. Outside of the respectful and obeying Chanel It's also another side .

" so what you want me to do lie to your parents and say you are staying at my house when you're really going in the ghetto to be with your ratchet friend?"

" look I'm sorry Casey but I have to see her that's my best friend plus you know what you wouldn't understand anyway." I cut the conversation short and put all my focus on Ms. Gavins. I know Casey is upset but she just have to accept the fact that I have to keep my friendship with Zoey going .

I grabbed my sketch book along with my other stuff I needed and began working. The faster I work the faster I'll be out of here.

_____________
Y'all Fw It Or Nah?👀🤔
This book gone be kinda lit tho lol I promise ya😛

Vote, Comment‼️❤️