Part 1 - New Friends?

Earth 616 – Unknown Location

My eyes flash open to reveal that I was lying all alone in a padded cell. The white spongey walls once again felt like they were closing in on me. I force my eyes closed as try to remember what had happened to me and where I was. One moment I was fighting The Void with my best friend Barry and the next was a blur. When I had initially awoken after the events I had tried to find Barry but to no avail. No such person existed on this world. I was alone.

It wasn't long before I was arrested and brought here. Wherever here was. I had been smart enough not to show any signs that I was different from a normal human. I kept the part about me being a meta-human a secret. Since they couldn't find any evidence I was who I said I was, and since all the people I asked for were nowhere in the system or census I was deemed insane and sent to a mental institute. Unable to find a way home I was forced to give up on ever returning home again.

Sighing I run a hand through my long tangled hair. I force myself to my feet as the door to my cell opens revealing a woman with short brown hair and matching muddy eyes. She was the head nurse here at the asylum. Her name was Nurse Michaels. I didn't know her real name nor did I care to find it out. She was so twisted that she should've been admitted instead of being a head nurse.

"Are you ready to tell the truth now?" She asks hear voice making me cringe.

"I am telling the truth." I say as I stare at the wall in front of me. there was a tear in the fabric and instead of looking at Nurse Michaels, I focused on the rip.

"Now (name), do we need to go through another round a treatment to get you to tell the truth?" She asks, a hint of excitement filling her voice causing a shiver of fear to run through my veins.

"No matter what you do to me, my answers will always be the same." I say not letting any fear show in my voice or features.

"So what you're saying is that you DO want the treatment." She adds a smile covering her lips. "Good, we had an opening today and it has your name on it." She giggles excitedly as she claps her hands together. "I'll let the doctor know." She says as she turns and closes the door leaving me to racing mind. The so called 'Treatment' she mentioned was a series of rather unorthodox trials. They ranged from electroshock therapy, to waterboarding. Like I said, unorthodox.

Pushing the thoughts of what was about to happen from my mind, I try to remember my friends. Closing my eyes, I let their faces filling my thoughts. I thought about Barry and how we first met after the particle accelerator turned me into what I now was. I thought about growing up in Starling City alongside my best friends Laurel, Sara, Thea, Tommy, and of course Ollie. The thoughts of Ollie caused a smile to fill my face.

I missed him the most. He was my first love. Unrequited of course since most of our childhood he had been infatuated with Laurel; and then later with Sarah. Thea had always told me I was crazy for liking her brother but I just couldn't help it. He was my hero long before he became the Arrow. I quickly block the painful memory of my childhood trauma out of my mind as I think about how close I had become with Barry and his friends.

After Oliver was rescued from the island, it didn't take a rocket scientist to see that he had changed. In fact, when I first confronted him about it, he had told me I was crazy and to drop it. So I did. I dropped it along with everything else in Starling and moved to Central where I met Barry. Of course that was before he was the Flash.

I feel a single tear fall down my cheek as the memories of my friends fill my mind making my heart clench sending a sharp pain down my arm and into my hands. Pulling them up in front of me I rub my thumb across the palm of my other hands as I try to relieve the pain. I silently pray that someway or somehow, Barry would find me; and bring me home.