Lost?

In the dark, not in light, we can see clearly. The light blinds us but the dark lets in the other senses. Letting the dark take control can be dangerous, though. You can find what you lost, but you can lose everything at the same time. Life, Happiness, Love. They don't exist in the darkness. The dark is home to evil that will haunt you when you turn your back to it.

"Let's go home!" The voice came from everywhere and nowhere at the same time.

"Home. Where is home?" Another voice called out to the first.

"Let's go home!" The first voice cried out again.

"Where is home!" The second voice became agitated.

"Let's go home!" The first voice sounded like no more than an echo.

"I hate you! I'm not going home with you!" The words of the second voice filled the dark. There were no sounds from the first voice for awhile. Only silence and darkness existed in this moment.

"You can't leave me." The first voice was serious.

"Why not?" The change in the tone of the first voice caught the attention of the second voice.

"You know."

"No just tell me already!" The second voice was so lost there in the dark.

"You are alone without me."

"Alone. Why am I alone?"

"You keep me here in the dark. When you tossed me in here everyone left you." The first voice sounded sad.

"Why would I get rid of you?"

"The others told you that I was weak. So you tossed me in here and we have been alone since."

"Who are you?" The second voice was scared. How could anyone just leave someone else in the dark like that?

"I am the other half of you, together we are much better than alone. We can go back together and we won't be alone anymore!" The first voice became hopeful.

"No, there has to be a reason I left you here! You aren't telling me everything!" The second voice was mad and scared.

"Please don't leave I will tell you everything. The others had been calling you names and told you that you were ugly, every day, over and over. They told you that was useless and wrong. You didn't want to feel the pain of their words, so you left me here. Alone in the dark, you left me."

"I'm sorry." The second voice was sobbing in the dark.

"I don't blame you. They hurt us and you couldn't take it. Can we go back?"

"I would like that. When we get back, how will I know you are there?" The second voice didn't want to loose the first voice again.

"You will know because you will smile and be able to laugh again."

Without the voices, the dark was clear and quiet. The demons were gone and there was a strange peace to the darkness.