Choices

A/N: Comment & Vote!

I had four patrol wolves in that afternoon.

All for various aches and pains caused by old injuries that hadn't been healed properly or had been exerted far too soon. Not that I was criticizing Lori--she was older. Her Healing was what it had been when she was younger. Henry, a sandy haired, snarky man rolled his shoulder. "You did better I thought." He stated rudely. "I figured they were just being polite, saying how good you were."

"Thank you."

He grunted and left without a goodbye. I sighed and wrote him in. "You're new!"

I jumped at the chipper voice--I hadn't heard the bell nor had I smelled anyone. The reasoning was simple: a small boy had climbed through the window and was perched there. "Hello!" I cried. "Are you alright? Do you need help?"

"Nope. My momma is getting groceries. It's real boring," he sighed. "I came over here cos it smelled funny! But it's just cos you're not Lori."

I smiled. "That's very true. I'm Jasper."

"I'm a wereturtle." He retorted proudly.

"You are! My, I didn't know you guys were so far from the Fiji!"

"Hm?"

"That's were wereturtles live. Fiji." I explained.

"Oh." His face turned stern. "I know that! I'm just visiting."

"Ah." I nodded my head. "It's very good to meet you wereturtle. Do you have a name?"

His face broke into a smile as he warmed up to me. "Griffin! Daddy's name is Andrew but I can't call him that cos it's rude. But Momma can. Her name is Miley."

Was it the same Andrew who was Beta? Surely he wouldn't have his son running free. "Uh-oh!" He cried. "Momma's looking for me. Hide me!"

"Hide you?"

He hopped inside the room and took off running into the closet. "Sh!" He demanded noisily before closing the door.

I was simply impressed wereturtles could move so fast. A pretty woman paused in the window. "Hello there--did you happen to see my son running past here? Brown hair?"

"There's a wereturtle in the closet?"

A tired smile spread across her face. "That would be my Griffin. Do you mind if I--"

"Oh, of course! It's unlocked." I scurried over to open the door for her.

She was wearing a simple sundress. The color caught my eye however. "I've never seen such a wonderful shade of lavender! It's as if you're wearing the flower itself!"

She smiled. "Thank you dear. They have the dye at the store. Got a whole three ounces for a loaf of bread."

I was still wrapping my head around the trade-concept. I noted that one loaf of bread equaled three ounces of dye. "I'm Miley by the way."

"He told me that," I mused.

She opened the door and the boy huffed out a whiny, "Mom!"

"Let's go Griffin--you can't be running off like this anymore. Your father isn't going to be pleased."

She took his arm and led him out. The boy glared at me. "I said not to tell!"

"Don't be rude," Miley scolded. "Thank you for your help--what was your name again?"

"Jasper," I extended my hand quickly.

She shook it. "What a beautiful pendant," she added with a knowing smile. "Let's go Griffin. Say bye."

"Bye," the moody boy replied dutifully.

Once they were gone the infirmary returned to its peacefulness. It was nice to have such positive energy however. No one really came just to visit. I did my daily cleanings while I carefully avoided thinking about the events with the Alpha. I had gotten myself in deep with him--it hadn't been intentional.

Father would be so angry. He should have been included in this from the beginning. It wasn't proper to court secretly. That was why I was so reluctant to go public. My anxiety was only part of it.

The bell tinkered and the heavenly scent of Percy met my nose.

"Good afternoon," I turned with a shy smile and downturned face. "Is there anything I can--"

His mouth swooped down to mine unexpectedly. My shock melted into warm lust as our lips molded together. My finger clawed at his muscular chest through the tight black tee-shirt. He uttered a low growl and kissed my jaw, moving toward my Mark which practically made me orgasm on the spot.

"I've been thinking of you all day." He breathed, moving away from the sensitive spot and nipping at my earlobe. "About how I have a beautiful, sexy mate. I couldn't resist any longer."

"Someone could...see," I panted as his lips began their journey back toward the Mark. "P-Percy..."

"Close up," he growled. "Pull the shades and come into the back. Flip the sign to Emergency Hours Only. I need to do this properly."

***

"Move in with me."

"What?"

"Live with me," replied Percy.

I was currently sprawled on his chest, a sheet draped over us. A thin sheen of sweat from our excursions covered our body. The smell of sex was heavy and erotic. "That would be...a very obvious move."

"Yes it would. I'm going to Present You this weekend. We're in the midst of planning our Coronation Festival." Percy replied pleasantly. "I can't bear the thought of keeping this fire under wraps any longer."

"It hasn't even been a week," I reminded him nervously.

"Every moment is a lifetime away from you." He retorted with a fierce, loving look. "I know you are afraid but trust me, the sooner we get it out of the way the sooner we can begin our lives properly."

"Properly?" I echoed, thinking of Father.

"Making love in a bed for example," he teased.

I kissed his chest as I pondered it. I loved Percy. I wanted to be with him. I loved Father as well and I wanted to please him. As Luna I would have prime information constantly. I reminded myself. Father will like that.

"What about my Healing?" I asked after a moment.

"I wouldn't even consider asking you to do anything else. However your Cleansings are another story--but we can talk about that later." He stared up at me with his emerald orbs. "What do you say Jasper? Will you make me the luckiest Alpha in the world and take you as my Luna?"

I tucked my head against his neck. "Yes."

QOTC: thoughts?