A Little About Me

Sophia's POV
"So, I really like photography and journalism, and I want to be a photojournalist when I grow up. I-"

"Wait, don't you want to be a singer? You have an amazing voice!" Finn said.

"It's just not for me." I shrugged

"Not for you?! Of course it's for you!" He yelled back.

"No, it's not," I said quietly.

"Sophia! Why are you doubting yourself so much?" He said as he stood up. I could see the anger on his face. Why was he making such a big deal out of this? (A/n, when I made this I didn't realize that this is not even a big deal so just go with it)

"Because maybe I'm scared! Maybe I am not good enough!" I yelled back as I stood up to. He looked startled at how loud I was. I fell back down on the couch and put my head in my hands. I looked up at him again. "I'm sorry," I muttered. He sat back down.

"Why? Why would you think that?" He said quietly.

I sighed. "I used to get bullied in my old school and I just, felt so insecure." I paused. "One day I heard a song on the radio that I really liked and I practiced it over and over again. I found out that I wasn't so bad. Then one day, I was in the school bathroom fixing my hair and humming that tune. Turns out a bunch of cheerleaders or whatever were in the stalls taking videos of me. They made it look like I was a total loser. I got beat up in school for the rest of the year, and nobody wanted to be my friend. I have never told anybody that. Not even my sister," I said quietly as tears dripped down my cheeks. I couldn't look him in the eye. It was just all to much for me. He gently wrapped his arms around me. We sat like that until he said, "I'm so sorry Sophia," (A/n, again, I didn't realize that this was stupid so just go with it😂)

"It's whatever," I said. I felt selfish, like this whole night was about just me. I don't like to talk about my past. Or about, me. I wanted this night to be fun. I didn't expect to be crying.

"It's not whatever! I-"

"Finn, please. I just met you like, yesterday and I don't like to talk about me. Thank you for being kind, but please, let's talk about you," I softly spoke. His face softened.

"I'm sorry," he whispered.

"It's ok," I smiled. "Wanna watch a movie?" I smirked.

"Sure!" He smiled.

"What do you like to watch." I asked him, scrolling through Netflix.

"Ummm, how 'bout Suicide Squad?" He suggested.

"Really? Ok!" I giggled. I clicked on the movie and it started. This night was, by far, one of the weirdest nights of my life. I did not expect if to turn out like this, but hanging out with Finn is kinda fun.