Come on Over

"How was school?" Lauren asked.

"Well, I mean," I paused. "Ok, it was great! Except for a little part but-"

"What happened?" My sister said flatly.

"Oh um, I got welcomed by the jocks and cheerleaders by the usual way. A casual slushee in the face." I said. My sister burst out in laughter. "Hey! It's not funny! It really burns your eyes! And it ruined my outfit!" I said defensively.

Once she got finished laughing, she said, "is that why you're wearing those weird clothes?" She pointed to Finns clothes.

"It's better then being naked." I muttered. It was actually really sweet of Finn to lend me his clothes. Or to help me at all. He could have just been a jerk and left me there, but he went out of his way to help me.

I got into the car and my sister started to drive home. Once we were finally home, I got out and went to my room. I started my homework. I then heard my phone ding so I checked it.

Unknown Number: hey, it's Finn.

Me: oh hi! How did you get my number?

Finn: Kurt gave it to me.

Me: oh😂

Finn: so, are you free tonight?

Me: yeah, why?

Finn: well since it was introduction week in glee, I was wondering if I could come over and we could get to know each other a little better?

Me: oh sure! What time would you want to come over?

I waited for a reply as I got ready. I then heard a knock on the door as I was putting on my skinny jeans.

"Fuckkkkk," I muttered. I threw on a shirt and ran downstairs. But my sister beat me to it. Finn was in the house talking to my sister.

"Well, you two have fun. I'm going to go to the store to get dinner." She said as she grabbed her purse and left.

"Wait, let me throw your clothes in the wash and I'll get them to you before you leave." I said as I threw them in the laundry.

"It's ok, I don't need them." He said softly.

"Well I'm giving them to you anyway," I laughed. "So, wanna go in the living room?" I asked.

"Sure," he replied. He followed me into the living room and we sat on the couch.

"So, tell me a little about yourself," he said after a while.

"Well, I was born in Nashville, Tennessee, lived there 'till I was about 8 or 9, then moved to Santa Barbara, California. I am 16 years old, and as far as I know, I don't really have much family left, it's just me and my sister." I said.

"What about Blaine?" He asked.

"He doesn't count. I just met him like, yesterday." I laughed and he chuckled.

"Ok, so I was born here and I have never moved anywhere. I am 16 and I live with my mom, Kurt, and his dad, Burt." He said.

"Wait, so you and him are...?" I was confused.

"Step brothers," he replied. I sighed in relief. Whoops.

"So, I don't want to upset you or anything, but how did your parents die? You don't have to answer if you don't want to." He said the last part quickly.

"Well, um, they were going on a trip, and," I paused, wiping my eyes. "A drunk driver, he hit them. They were found tangled up in between both cars, dead." I let out a soft cry. Finn got up and hugged me. It really soothed the painful memories.

"I know what it's like to have lost a parent." He said quietly. I looked at him, motioning him to go on. "I, um, well, my dad died in the war and, it's just, been so hard," he said as tears dropped down his face. I turned and hugged him back. We sat in a hug until I let go.

"Hey, you know what? Whenever you're feeling sad, you know who to go to," I smiled softly. He looked at me and smiled back. "Ok, let's do something to brighten our mood and not slump around. Wanna go down to my basement?" I asked.

"Sure," he said. He followed me down into the basement. I turned the light on then turned to him. I saw his jaw drop.

"Omg!" He squealed like a little girl. I laughed and he walked around the room. My sister and I decided that we should have a fun game room when we moved in, so we put it in the basement. In the first room, we put in a game room. Its just a few of our favorite games.

"It's not that exciting, really." I laughed at his expression.

"Not that exciting? There is every game in here that you could possibly think of!" He shouted, still shocked. I laughed again as he ran around the room looking at all of the games.

"If you spend all of your time here then you won't have anytime to see the other rooms!" I yelled to him. He stopped and turned to me.

"Other rooms?" He asked as his jaw dropped. I motioned him to follow me. The next room we walked into was the music room. We had a little stage and a few instruments. His jaw dropped, again, as he jumped on to the stage. I sat in a nearby chair as he fiddled with the drums. Seeing that I was waiting for him to finish up, he set down the drum sticks and stood up, signaling he was ready to move on.

Next was the movie room; it looked like a normal living room but it just had a huge tv. In the back, there was a little popcorn stand and slushee machine. Bad memories.

I looked over at Finn and once again, his jaw had dropped. I laughed again as he looked back at me.

"What else is there?! An indoor pool?" He said sarcastically.

"Well actually-"

"Are you kidding me? How did you get all of the money for this stuff?" He asked in amazement.

"My parents left it behind." I laughed a little. He ran over to the couch and flew onto it. He patted the spot next to him as I made my way over. I sat down and he turned toward me.

"I didn't come over here to play games and swim, even though it is super awesome, but I came over here to get to know the real you. Who is Sophia Hanson." He said seriously.

I sighed. "Well..."

Hey guys! THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR 100 READS ALREADY! I really appreciate it! Anyway, I know Sophia's house is not very realistic but I wanted to make it fun. Anyway, I hope y'all enjoy my story!