Playing With Chance - Chapter 4

Start from the beginning

I felt like washing my mouth out with soap after I actually told him something, but I was acting normal so I couldn't.

"Nice to meet you Elizabeth Drazi."

I swear he is leaning toward me.  What the heck is going on?

Fortune was on my side though, and the bell rang before he was a half foot away from me.  I don't really like it when people intrude on my personal space.  That wasn't very nice of him.

Unless this is his version of the game.  

If this is his version of the game he chose a really good angle to play.  It is an angel that could unsettle most people.

I think I can handle it though.

I need to tell Elliot about this.  

I couldn't stop thinking about the new angle Prick was playing.  It was a strange way to play my game.  

At lunch I sat down at my usual table and pulled out my phone.

"Hey Elliot he started to talk to me today, and I think he found a virsion of my game that suits him."

"Really?  Do tell."

"This morning he said we got off on the wrong foot, and asked what my name was and all that nice crap.  And he was getting really close to me."

"What do you think his anglis?"

"I'm not entirely sure, but I think it might be romance."

"Could be."

"What should I do?"

"Play the game.  You're good at it.  I'm sure you'll do fine."

"But I've never played the game that way before."

"You'll do fine.  You are the best there is at that game.  After all you made it up."

"But other people can learn the rules."

"You know it makes it more fun when they learn the rules."

"I know.  Gtg.  Prick is coming."

"Bye." 

"Hello Elizabeth.  How has your day been?" Prick said walking up to the table.

I smiled at him as he sat beside me, "Good.  How has your day been?"

"It has been okay, but l'm worried about the quarter final Jenson had."

"I'm not.  It wasn't all that hard."

"Are you serious?  That test was brutal.  You must be really good at math."

"I'm good at telling teachers what they want to hear."

"Makes sense."

What's going on?  I'm having a civil conversation with Prick.  This never happens.  It's stranger than the peaceful lunches.  

Remember Elizabeth you are doing this for the sake of your game.

"You should try re-reading the chapter the day of the test, and get a lot of sleep the night before the test," I said to keep the conversation going.

"But It was for the whole quarter.  Besides I don't sleep much," he said looking sheepish.

Is his angle to act normally too?  I'm confused.  I thought his game would be romance.