Yet Midoriya surprised him by saying, "No, why would I ask for money? Everyone deserves the chance to do their best at the sports festival, asking for money just seems like extortion to me."

"Extortion is how companies make money, Midoriya." The male unknown, a blue haired boy with bags under his eyes, commented. "Or was that the Yakuza? Either way, if I was in your shoes, I'd definitely be asking for something in return."

Midoriya turned to the boy that Todoroki assumed was his friend. "Well I'm not like that." He said firmly, the friend holding his hands up in surrender. Turning back to Todoroki, Midoriya spoke, "I can make you a training regimen, it might take a few days since I have so many people asking, but you'll definitely have at least three weeks to train with it."

"Midoriya! We're gonna miss lunch!" Ochako exclaimed, looking at her watch. "We have to hurry!"

The green haired teen gave him an apologetic look, "I'm sorry, but we should get going; Ochako and Iida have my number, contact me through them!" He managed to say as both Ochako and the blue haired teen started to drag him towards the cafeteria, muttering about him eating a decent meal.

Todoroki stood in the hallway alone, dumbstruck at the encounter. Was Midoriya even real? No one was like that unless they had something up their sleeve, was he just trying to get into Todoroki's good graces? No, he hadn't shown any recognition when he'd first seen him. Todoroki was a complete stranger to him, and yet he offered to do so much for no charge?

As Todoroki went to lunch himself, his thoughts were occupied by green hair, equally green bright eyes, and freckles pulled into a smile.

Patrol that night was uneventful, the occasional drunkard trying to pick a fight was hardly a challenge for someone like Izuku. The streets were silent as he passed over them from the rooftops, unseen by any security camera or passerby. He let out a slight hiss as his muscles burned, Kuroda really picked up the pace with the new fighting style, and he was sporting more than a few bruises and sore muscles from it. His plight of soreness was forgotten as he stopped on the rim of the roof he was presently on, a lone figure standing on the rooftop he'd been about to leap onto.

"Hello, Kuroko," The stranger greeted, taking off his hat to reveal a rather plain looking man, Naomasa. "I had a feeling you'd show up here eventually."

That put Izuku on edge, was this another ambush from the police? No, he would've noticed more police cars in the vicinity. "Why are you here?" He asked warily, shifting his stance in order to run if need be.

"Just to talk," the detective was quick to pacify, holding his hands up in the universal sign of surrender. "I swear, there's no other motive."

Hesitantly, Izuku hopped from his roof to Naomasa's, no doubt appearing like a nervous wild animal. "What would someone like you want to talk about with someone like me?"

"Call it curiosity, call it a horrible decision; but I'm here, and I have questions."

Izuku carefully sat down on the edge of the roof, tapping his foot almost silently on the concrete below him. "You can ask, but whether or not I answer depends on the question." He said, keeping his eyes fixed on the detective.

The man slowly walked to the edge of the roof, sitting five feet away from Izuku, still in lunging distance. "It's not anything big, just little stuff." He raised his head to look at the city before them, the the bright lights and bustle of the streets below them illuminating the sky. "You had rather extensive information on the League of Villains, why did you wait until a few days ago to give it? You obviously had no issue with it, considering that you're the one that handed it over willingly and not in an interrogation."