vi. strong black woman who don't need no man

Start from the beginning

"Yeah, and so do our parents if you're anything to go by."

Erika raised her hand before Kenzie could start choking me. "We need to maintain a bunker like mentality," she said. She fixed my collar. "I need you all to focus. Lola has placed the cameras. Ashley is in the family house. We will nail these people and destroy them."

I looked at Erika's eyes. They were blazing with something I could not understand. "I'm going to use the bathroom," she said and headed upstairs.

I span around and faced Pete who was frowning. "I know this is going to be hard," he said. "But it's going to be told for decades to come, how you infiltrated this family and exposed them for the lying, money-grubbing racists they are."

Lola looked at me with something else other than Pete's righteous fury. She knew I what I knew. She knew the real goal. "You're going to be great. You've got the temperament for it."

"Great, now I'm Hillary fucking Clinton without the pantsuit," I uttered, and took a drink for the first time tonight. "I've got the cheating husband now though," I complained, peering over into he sea of people to find Anna and Reece talking, or more so Anna possibly eating Reece's literal life and Reece taking it.

"They'll accept you," Lola said. "None of them wants to be seen as racist right now."

"Please," I snorted. "I'm going to be as welcomed here as a black woman in the front of a bus in 1955."

Lola shrugged and groaned. "You're a big pile of sunshine aren't you?"

"Only on Sundays," I answered.

"Congratulations," racist Jasmine said. "Once again, I am sorry for my words." She was heading up the staircase. 

"Sure," I said.

Reece

Reece

"Does destroying my life bring you joy?" I asked Mother, as I smiled and shook hands as we removed through a sea of congratulations and I'm proud of you's. "Do you have orgasms just thinking about ways to bring me unhappiness."