The baby

Ross had no time to think, to actually get his around that he had killed a man. He just needed to make sure that he got away with it, he took the gun and the branch with him. He also took Stevens phone and searched for any cameras near the factory but he couldn't see any. He just left Stevens body in the woods, and got in his car and drove straight to the hospital....

On his way to the hospital, Ross was fighting back the tears. It dawned on him what he had just done, it was in self defence but it didn't matter. Ross just needed to see Rebecca and his baby, for everything to feel normal again. Ross hadn't even changed his clothes, his pants were ripped, he had cuts on his arms, and a cut on his face from when he fell over the branch.

Ross arrived at the hospital in his eratic state, there was confusion over which ward Rebecca was on, but he eventually found out, he just prayed that he hadn't missed the birth...

Ross arrived on the ward and immediately seen Lawrence, Chrissie, Pete and Finn all waiting outside the room.

Ross: Please tell me I haven't missed it?

Finn: Its okay Ross, she's had the baby,  everything is fine. What the hell has happened to you though? You look like you've been dragged through a hedge backwards.

Ross: Don't worry about me, its nothing. I just need to see my baby...

Ross opened the door and all of a sudden everything felt right again, like Steven had never even existed. Rebecca lying on the bed with her baby...

Rebecca: We did it, Ross, meet our baby girl...

Ross picked the baby up from Rebecca's arms, he couldn't believe that he had a daughter, this was going to be so different to Moses.

Ross: Alright, princess. (Ross was speechless, he stared into his daughters little blue eyes, he started to cry).

Rebecca: I wish I had my camera, Ross Barton crying? You're a big softie at heart aren't you?

Ross: I just cant believe it, I actually have a family. Im never gonna let anything happen to any of you.... So what are we calling her? Its up to you, just don't pick a name like Charity did for Moses, please.

Rebecca: I was thinking thinking of calling her Ellen, after my mum. Do you mind?

Ross: No, not at all. Ellen it is...

Ross then knelt down to the bed and lay Ellen next to Rebecca...

Ross: This is it, our own little family... We made it, babe. Im so sorry that I missed the birth...

Rebecca: Its OK, I get it. Is it all done with now? I assume by the look of you that you had to give someone a beating?

Ross: Just a bit of a scrap but that's it now, I made it clear. He won't be bothering us again and that's a promise.

Ross picked Ellen back up and started to talk to her...

Ross: Aren't you the cutest? You obviously take after me for your looks. When you grow up you will hear stuff about me....I haven't always been very nice but all you ever need to know is that I love you.....You've got a big brother as well, Moses, well I call him Mozza. He'll look after you, if any bloke messes you about then he'll have both of us to deal with. The one to steer clear from is your Auntie Chrissie, she makes me look nice, and that's saying something.

Rebecca: Oy, that's my sister you're talking about.... You're not wrong though

Ross: You've got your uncle Finn aswell, he's a bit of a geek, but he's a good laugh. Uncle Pete as well, he's a bit boring, but he's alright, just don't go partying with him. I wish your grandad could be here to meet you. He would of loved you, plus he would of been handy as a babysitter (Ross was laughing and crying)

Rebecca: You best get used to changing nappies and picking out little dresses, babe.

Ross: Well I do have great taste...

Rebecca: I love you, Ross. You haven't done too badly for a thug have you? I knew that they were wrong about you, I seen the good in you the second I seen you. Thank you, Ross, for making me the happiest I've ever been.

Ross: Promise me that you'll always stand by me? If anything ever happens, you will always be there with me, won't you?

Rebecca: Of course I will, why did you even ask?

Ross: No reason, its you getting me all emotional, stop it

Both Ross and Rebecca laughed, but Ross knew that as soon as Stevens body was found, his world would come crashing down....