Newsflash

It had been a couple of days since baby Ellen had been born and she was now home along with her mum and dad. Ross was just trying to forget about Steven but he knew that it would only be a matter of time before someone found him. Ross had considered going back to bury him but it was too risky, for all he knew someone could of found him or Stevens cronies could of been waiting.

Ross and Rebecca were sitting on the sofa, Ross was feeding Ellen her bottle and then he took her up stairs to her cot for a sleep. Rebecca stayed downstairs and the local news was now on...

Rebecca was tired, she wasn't even taking any notice of the TV but something soon changed that.... The news reporter was reporting today's biggest news... "Our top story today comes from Hotton, local businessman and gangster, Steven Banks was found dead last night in the woods next to an abandoned factory. He was found by poachers, police have told us that he suffered a major blow to the head and that this is a murder investigation".

Rebecca turned pale, she knew that it could have been Ross... He soon made his way back downstairs, completely unaware that his life was about to unravel

Ross: What's wrong with you? Seriously, you look like you've seen a ghost.

Rebecca: Im gonna ask you something, Ross. I need you to tell me the truth, don't lie, please. Stephen Banks, did you kill him?

Ross didn't know what to say, he knew that this was coming but he didn't know how to deal with it.

Rebecca: Answer me, Ross. Its just been on the news, they said that he was found last night, next to an abandoned factory. The place where you met him. Answer me now, I mean it, Ross.

Ross: Okay, it was me, I killed him, and I would do it again if I had to.

Rebecca: You killed a man  and then you come to the hospital and picked up our baby? Please tell me you're lying, you're many things, Ross, but you're not a murderer.

Ross: Listen, Im gonna tell you everything but I need you to listen...
I didn't meet him with the intention to kill him, I got a call from Finn, telling me that you were in Labour and I wanted to be with you. So I refused to do the job that Steven wanted me to do, so he pulled a gun out on me, he forced me into the factory and he was going to kill me.

Rebecca: But they found his body in the woods, did you move it?

Ross: No, I stood up to him, I wound him up, I let him know that I wasn't scared of him. I waited for the moment to get away and I hit him, I ran to the woods and he chased after me. I fell over a branch and he caught up, I was convinced that it was the end, that I was going to die. I managed to keep him talking though, then I spotted a huge branch next to me, I took him by surprise, dragged my self up and I hit him, I killed him to stop him killing me. If that makes me a monster, then that's who I am.

Rebecca: But you were so happy at the hospital, how could you be like that after killing someone?

Ross: Because I seen you and our baby and all of a sudden it all felt worth it. That man would of never left us alone, he tried to kill me, I did what I had to do, I'll always have to live with that, but it doesn't matter. I've got you, Moses and Ellen, we're a family.

Rebecca: What if the police come for you? You will loose us then, won't you?

Ross: I took his mobile, the branch and the gun. Its all gone, the clothes I was wearing are burnt. As long as we keep quiet, Im in the clear.

Rebecca: You sound like a real pro, did you do the same after you shot Robert?

That was a low blow, Rebecca knew deep down that Ross had no choice but to kill Steven. He lied to her again though, he swore that he would never do that again.

Ross: That was different, I was after revenge and Robert was part of that. I regret shooting him but I don't regret killing Steven, I had no choice. Would you have preferred it if I had of gave up and let him kill me?

Rebecca: Don't be stupid, Ross. I get it, but why lie, again?

Ross: Because our daughter had just been born, we were so happy. If I had of come in and told you that I killed someone, it would of probably been a bit of a mood killer, don't you reckon? I can't do this, I can't stand here watching you look at me like that. Like Im a monster, Im going for a walk.

Rebecca: Ross, wait...

Ross didn't listen, he stormed out. Mainly because of the way that Rebecca was looking at him but he also knew that Stevens cronies might work out that he killed him, if they did it would be the end for Ross in the village....