Hello Drake.... AGAIN!!!!

Chapter 2

I lazily yawn and drag myself out of bed. Ugh... I am sooooooooooooo not a morning person. Bleh. I change into my "decent" clothes since I have an audition today which includes a well-worn black blouse and a brown skirt with okay looking sandals.

I walk to My Treasures, a path I have walked daily for the last 6 years. I was so familiar with it, I could probably walk there with my eyes closed. You know how they always say that as an expression??? Well I mean it actually... and I tried it once too. I only hit into 2 lamposts, 1 bench and 1 old lady. Pretty good, eh? I was young and naive back then. The old lady was not too happy with me either.

I reach the store and open the door hearing the even more familiar chiming from above my head. I call, "Good Mooooooooriiiiiiiiiinnnng!" to Jake and head into the office. Since I started modeling, Jake was only too nice to give me this room to me as a 'CONGRATULATIONS SAM!' present. Hehe. He was too sweet.

"Hey Mathy!" he called back. Mathy was his nickname for me and you know why? Because I'm good at math, supposedly. He sometimes tutors me and apparently, I'm 'very awesomely smart for my age.' I personally think that he was just really dumb. No offense to him or anything. Or he's being the biased way he is.

I open a window on the computer and click gmail.

(21) Inbox

it said. I clicked it and out popped this really messed up ad about weight loss or something, bleh.

17 of the emails were facebook notifications and spam.

One was another one from Leanne, one was from my friend Tia asking me how I was doing and was I going to try out for the Build-a-Bear commericial. I replied: "Yes! and u?" I met Tia at one of my jobs. I remember that she was super pretty and I was jealous. I was afraid she would get the job instead of me. Ha. I beat her! But after that we got in touch. One was from Hattie Presley whom I met the other day at the mall, and she was real friendly with me and the last one was a chain mail from Jake saying "Read this, or you're going to die." Ugh. I hate chain mails. I clicked on the one from Leanne wanting to save it for last and it said:

"Sammie,

I know you're going to hate this but for the Sears flyer you're going to need some 'nicer' clothes and I bought some for you. They need you to wear formal because they want to see if you'll look good in their formal clothes. The package will arrive at 11:00."

"Okay" I replied.

I signed out of Gmail and hopped off the chair. I glanced at the clock. 10:59. Wow. Ironic, huh?

30 seconds later, I hear a knock on the door. I open the door.

"Hi" I say.

"Hey, can you please sign this?"

"Sure." I sign the paper, take the package and mutter, "Thanks!" and close the door.

Slowly and cautiously, I open the package. Deep breaths, Sam, deep breaths. I pull out the dress. It was PINK and GLITTERY. Oh my GAWD! It was spaghetti strap and had a chiffon ribbon aroung the waist tied in a little bow. It flowed down to my knee and looked absolutely.....

.....

.....

HORRENDOUS.

"Gross!" I shrieked.

Jake ran over to me, "Is everything okay?" he asked cautiously.

"Uh..." I paused, bringing my finger to my chin as if to think about it. "NOOO!!! Look at this crap!" I cried holding it in front of me as if it was a piece of crap.