Chapter 1

Hey everyone! I really hope you enjoy this story - just to say, I don't take credit for any of these characters, they are all J.K Rowling's amazing work. Hope you like it! 💜

Harry was in the dark, damp cellar he found himself in whenever he fell asleep. He slowly walked forward towards a door straight ahead of him. He reached out his hand and it touched the cool, dark metal. Slowly, slowly, he twisted it open. Inside was pitch black. He suddenly heard a piercing shriek of pain and turned around to see the back of a small, egg-shaped head and dark cloak that he knew too well. Harry cautiously walked forwards, his wand outstretched. Knowing that Harry was behind him, Voldemort stood out of the way to reveal who he was torturing. To Harry's surprise, Draco Malfoy was lying on the cold, hard stone, whimpering with tears rolling down his pale skin.

"Give me your wand, Harry. Or watch this young boy die," Voldemort hissed. Harry hated Malfoy. In fact, he hated him so much that the word 'hate' didn''t even describe his burning dislike for the boy. But Harry couldn't just watch him die. They had to find a way out of there. Both of them. Alive. "Harry," Voldemort snapped. "Harry..."
The Dark Lord's words seemed to slowly sound more and more like Hermione's...

He suddenly woke up and jerked his head upwards to find himself sitting at the back of Snape's potions class.
"Let's see, Potter," said Snape. "50 points for falling asleep in my class. And let's take another 20 for not completing the potion I set you." Harry groaned and placed his hand on the burning scar on his forehead. They were brewing Amortentia again, and the scent must have made Harry drift off. Broomstick handle, treacle tart, a flowery perfume he guessed came from the burrow, and recently he smelt something different in the love potion, but he couldn't quite put his finger on it.

Draco Malfoy's features stood out clearly in dim brightness of the dungeon flames. His sleek, platinum blonde hair stuck to his head slightly from the heat of the classroom and his cheekbones underneath his smooth pale skin looked like they were carved out of ice. His glinting sliver eyes reached Harry's shimmering green ones, and Harry realised, with absolute humiliation, that he was staring straight at the Slytherin for the past few minutes. His classmates started to snicker, and Harry flushed crimson with embarrassment. Draco smirked and started to pack his things.

"You may pack up and leave," droned Snape. As soon as Harry set off hastily to get out of Draco's sight, Hermione and Ron ran up to him instantly to interrogate him about what happened.

"Did you have another dream, Harry?" asked Hermione, her eyes shining with worry.
"No," lied Harry. "I just felt really tired and fell asleep. I'm fine."
"Let's go to dinner, I'm hungry," said Ron.
"You're always hungry, Ronald," sighed Hermione. And Harry's two friends walked up the stairs leading to the great hall, leaving Harry slightly behind them, his scar still prickling.