I didn't even know who lived there but that was the fun of it.
"Ok," he took a deep breath and slowly walked towards the gate.
"Wait," I called.He rushed back.
"Did you lock your car?" I asked.
"No,why?" He asked.
"Never mind,go on!" I pushed him. He reached the gate, turned to me. I nodded an approval.

Then he did it! He screamed the words from the top of his lungs.Lights came on, dogs barked and I took that as a sign to run for my life. I ran, ran and ran, I didn't even turn back to look for Alex.
I reached the car, got in and took in a huge sigh.
Seconds later Alex got in with heavy breathing.

"That was so cool!" I exclaimed.
"Yeah it was," he smirked.
"What time is it?" I asked.
He grabbed his phone and it had a lot of missed calls and guess from who.
The one and only Kenzie.
History? I don't think so.
"03:07" he said.

She's going to torture and murder me. I'm terrified of her. Although Alex has dated many girls before and after her, she's obsessed.I think Alex was referring to her when he said girls get too attached.
While seperated, Alex used to date Courtney, Kenzie's friend behind her back and she found out.

Guess what happened to Courtney, no one knows. She just vanished, people have tried to find out what happened to her but they all reached dead ends.
Including the police and her parents.I know it sounds made up but it's true, she left everything:Her now 3 year old daughter, mom and dad, school,car and cell phone.

Some say, Kenzie gave her money for a fresh start and others say she's gone for good.Alex was devastated, and Kenzie was there for him, hence they got back together.
Right know I'm wondering what she will do to me, maybe she'll give me money too or worse.

Having to leave home would be the worst.Leaving mom, poor Monique, not having to see Justin grow up.She makes things happen and that's why I'm terrified.
But this boy right next to me,
He's something, I'm not gonna lie and say he completes me because he found me complete. I'm not gonna lie and say he brings out the best in because he doesn't, he makes me swear.

He brings me out of my comfort zone which is currently a bad thing because I hugged him earlier. The Tasha I know wouldn't have done that, and to even hang out with a boy at midnight is worse. It pains me to think that I'm a bad role model. I wouldn't want Meg to leave the house during midnight, I wouldn't take it from any of my siblings.

So why am I doing this?
"Is it introspection time already?" He asked.
That's why. I guess he noticed my habit of biting my nails. I always do that when I'm thinking deeply.
"Are you hungry?" He suddenly asked.
"No,are you?" I asked.

"Do you have to ask, you almost drank the whole hot chocolate," he exhaled.
"Sorry about that, I guess I have to go now," I sighed.
"No way, you're coming with me!" He stretched out his arms.
"Great," I faked a smile.
"Do you wanna drive?" He asked.

"Do I have a choice?" I asked.
"Nope!" He popped the p.
"Then let's go," we switched sides and drove to a nearby 24 hr gas station.
"Do you have money for gas?" He asked.
"No I don't," I said firmly.
"Do you have money for food?" He asked again.
"No!" I exclaimed.

"Do you have any money on you?" He grinned.
"Leave me alone," I exhaled. It is confirmed, Alex likes getting me all worked up.

~*~

"Are you okay?" Alex hijacked my train of thought. We were now parked outside my house again. He bought me a nice hot coffee and some potato chips.
I was thinking of the decision I had to make.
"Yeah, why," I asked.
"You seem miles away," he said.
"I'm okay," I smiled.

"Do you miss your mom?" He asked.
"Yeah I do," I exhaled.
"I miss her too," he said.
"You don't even know her," I laughed.
"I miss her furious but yet impressed face," he said.
"Impressed?" I looked at him.
"By me of course," he gloated.

"It's clear that you don't know her at all," I yawned.
"Whatever," he exhaled.
"You know that we're gonna become night owls right?" I asked.
"Does that mean you're gonna hangout with me every time?" He asked back.
"No way this is the last time," I yawned again!
"Wait! You watch Regular Show?" He asked.
"Yeah," I smiled.

"We have something in common!" I exclaimed.
"Indeed,don't forget our ancestors," he cheered.
"Dude," I laughed.
"Rigby or Mordecia?" He asked.
"Rigby," I said.
"I know right!? CJ or Margaret?" He asked again.
"CJ," I said.
"And it's gone," he sighed.
"You're team Margaret?" I asked.

"Yeah I am.It's very clear that Mordecia and Margaret are meant to be together, even if they try to move on with their lives, they find themselves back together again." He said.
I can't believe it, Alex watches cartoons and by the way they're are not just any cartoons, they are like the best!
"See I hate it when someone breaks up with a person and then moves on, finds another person then realise that don't want to move on and start fresh.What's gonna happen to the New person in your life? Break his/her too?" I asked.

"If that's what it takes, as long as you involve yourself in a relationship where you're happy," he said.
"Taking a break would be fair, no hearts broken." I exhaled.
"You'll see when you start dating, with me of course," he smirked.
"You wish," I laughed.
"I do!" He exclaimed.
Oh Alex! What am I going to do with you?

"Are you excited for tomorrow?" He asked.
"You mean today," I said.
"You know what I mean," he smiled.
"Should I be," I asked back.
"Yeah you should, for the fact that you'll be by my side the whole day," he smirked.
"It's giving me chills and goosebumps already," I shivered.

"Let me warm you up," he held out his hands.
"I have stinky armpits remember?" I recalled the day that he said my armpits were stinky.
"Geez woman! Can't you take a joke?" He snatched the bag of chips.
"Can't you take a hint?" I failed to snatch it back.

"Ha!" He sighed.
"On a serious note, I'm happy for Charlie even though I knew her for a few hours, I feel like I've known her forever.That's how great she is," I smiled.
"That's why you're giving a speech," he cheered.
"What?" I yelled.
"I'm joking," he laughed.

"Don't do that," I nudged him.
"Or what?" He faked a serious face.
"Or I'll leave,"I finally snatched back my chips.
"Okay, I'm sorry," he apologised.
"Good," I smiled.

"Do you remember the time we were in detention?" He suddenly asked.
"Worst day of my life," I said.
"You don't mean that,you were so afraid of me.Couldn't even look me in the eyes that was so sweet.And look at you now, all grown up!" He smirked.

"I'm gonna slap that smirk out of you," I threatened.
"It's true, you've changed" he said.
"The question is: Is it for better or worse?" I said in a low voice.
"Definitely the better," he said after a few seconds.
"Why are you so sure?" I asked.

"It's good that we're hanging out," he smiled.
Of course everything is all good to him because he doesn't know about the note.
"Alex," I called him.
"Yes," he replied.
"What's going to happen when it rains or on a cloudy night," I asked.
"You mean when there are no stars?" He asked.
"Yeah,"I smiled.

"I'll be okay because you're my star," he said.
"So now you're not afraid to look at me?" I asked trying to hide the blush that was forming on my face.
"I was never afraid!" He exclaimed.
"You were," I insisted.
"What part of distraction didn't you understand," he exhaled.

"Whatever," I smiled.
"Tired?" He asked.
"Yep," I popped the p.
"Well go get yourself some sleep, wouldn't want to ruin that beauty.It's a big day today," he said.
"Thanks," I smiled.Finally!

He walked me to my door.
"Good morning, princess" he smirked.
"It's gonna be a good one," I sighed.
"Hey about the deal, you know that I'll introduce you right?" He asked.
"You promised!" I exclaimed.
"I'll pick you up at 9," he left.

Close EnoughOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara