Scratches Don't Go With I Love You's

I followed Nate through the once familiar house. Everything felt different as we ascended the stairs to Nate's room.

I absently scratched at my arm, where dozens of tiny cuts marked my arm. I wasn't sure what drove me to cut, but all I knew was, at that moment, I needed pain. It had felt good. I understood why some people did it.

What would Nate do if he found out that it was partially his fault that I'd done this? I felt regret run through my body. God, This was a horrible idea to come here. I felt myself getting sick to my stomach, and I worried that at some point in this conversation, I was gonna cry.

We reached his room where he motioned for me to sit down on the bed. I sat, feeling rather uncomfortable. I looked out the window, watching the rain fall. Why had I come here? This was a horrible idea.

"So why exactly did you come here?" Nate asked as he sat down next to me. His words were a little softer, and I hoped that meant that this wasn't a complete waste of time.

"And why are you soaking wet? God, you're shivering! Let me get you a towel." He stood up, but I grabbed his arm.

"I don't want a towel, Nate. I want you...I need you."

Nate yanked his arm from my grasp. "No, you don't. You're just saying that. You don't care." Nate walked out of the room, and I sighed. Oh, fuck it. I got up and made my way down the stairs.

If Nate didn't want me here now, then he probably wouldn't want me ever. As I reached the door, Nate's voice trailed down the stairs.
"Jack, wait..."

I turned and saw him crying. My heart squeezed at the sight of him crying, and I went to him. Gathering him up into my arms, I hugged him tightly, burying my head into his neck.

"I'm so sorry Jack. Please forgive me. I love you!"
I pulled back and looked at him in shock.

"You what?!"

Nate sniffled and smiled. "I love you, Jack Bates. I love you and I'm sorry you got stuck with an asshole, but I love you."

I leaned in and hugged him tighter than before. "I never thought I'd hear those words. I love you too, Nate Manson."
After our hug was over, I kissed him softly. He grabbed my arms to pull me near him, but I flinched in pain.

"Jack, what's wrong?"

I shook my head. "Nothing," I mumbled, pulling at my sleeves.

"Jack, what did you do?" I kept shaking my head. But this angered Nate more.

He grabbed my arm and before I could stop him, he pulled my sleeves up.

"Jack! Why?" He whispered the question, pain in his voice. Gently, he leaned down and kissed the red scratches and my breath caught in my throat.

"I...I was in pain from losing you. I'm sorry Nate."

It was Nate's turn to hug me. "I'm never going to leave you again. You have to promise that you won't do this again."

I nodded, tears forming in my eyes. God, I had missed this man.

We spent the rest of the day talking, cuddling on Nate's bed. It was like heaven to me. We ended up falling asleep tangled together, whispered "I love you's" exchanged.

I'm sorry it's so short. I have great plans for the next chapter though and it felt right to end this one here. Also sorry for not updating as often as I should. I've been busy with school.

Love you, my bitches. Be kind to one another.

Lots of love from your favourite lesbian! ❤❤❤❤💕💕💕💕💞💞💞💞💞