Make It Rain| Andrew

"Dude, don't you think staying in her old house for three nights is going to be weird?" I pleaded, begging my brother not to go. If he went then I had no excuse not to go, and then I'd have to listen to the constant rant from all of my old friends. I mean yeah it would be nice to see them again, but hell... on the anniversary of her death for God's sake? To get drunk in the house she killed herself in? What kind of friends are we anyways?

"Chicken," Alistair teased. "Are you afraid her ghost is going to lock us in the house and torture us or something?" He laughed, punching me in the shoulder.

"Yeah, or something." I muttered, remember the dreams I've been having for weeks now, dreading the two year anniversary of my best friend's death. She was so happy, why on Earth would she even think to drown herself, let alone in her family pool? I don't believe it.

~

Her pale face stared back at mine from the bottom of the pool, rope tied around her ankle, cement block near the edge of the left side. The water rippled as the pool began to drain, inch by inch. Soon, the water was gone, and I was at the bottom of the pool with her, frozen in panic.

Slowly, Kellie rose, walking towards me. The cement block trailed behind her and she pulled it effortlessly, as if it was light as a feather. Her ankle was twisted in a way that wasn't normal, and her once empathetic and compassionate brown eyes were coated with a murky grey, just like the water she drowned in. "You could have helped me, Andrew." She spoke but her lips didn't move, only the air around us rippled. Turning her head slightly, she laughed. "You could have helped all of us."

Hands reached up from the ground beneath me, reaching for my legs; clawing at me. Suddenly, the drain began to spit up the pool water, but it was black and thick like maple syrup. The liquid filled the pool quickly and soon it was up to my neck, threatening to choke me if I spoke to her.

Her face was directly in front of mine, and she leaned in slow-

~

"Andrew? Hello! Earth to Andrew!" Raven was now in front of me, and I flinched, drawing back. "Welcome back to reality, bud," she chuckled. Raven was my older sister and she was so used to me zoning out she doesn't question it anymore. Alistair on the other hand, couldn't question it more. His opinion was that I was zoning out thinking about the girls on the beach during spring break.

"Are you guys sure you want to go?" I asked, looking back and forth between the both of them. "We can stay here, I can order pizza," I pleaded.

They exchanged a glance and Raven turned to me with a sympathetic smile. "Look, Drew, we know that you took her passing pretty rough. . ." That was an understatement. I was locked in my room for weeks. I pushed away all of our friends. They were just as cold as the feeling Kellie left in my heart. "But this will be good for you. Now c'mon, let's go. We have a few hour drive before we get there, and I'd like to leave before little Jason starts asking questions."

We lived a few towns over, because after Kellie died we picked up our belongings and left. My parents thought it would be better to live away, considering all of the memories we made together in that town. But now it was back to Calico.

"Trust me, It's going to be a good week. The weather is amazing. Look how sunny it is!"

Yet, my world couldn't feel any darker.

This chapter is dedicated to TheEuphoricWriter