[21] CHAPTER LENGTHS

I was asked a question

Okay, so the question was about chapter lengths and word count.

Well, this is more of a personal thing when writing a chapter. You write to please yourself and not anyone else. If you feel your chapter is good with about 500 words then that's fine.

If you feel like your chapter is good with 3,000 then that's fine.

It's all about how you feel when writing your chapter.

For beginners I recommend trying 500 words to 1,000 words. You always get a lot of reviews and leave people wanting more. For me when I read about 500 - 1,000 words (I have an iPhone) it's about 5 to 6 pages.

If you feel good about writing a chapter that ends in 200 words, no one is going to stop you. Choosing a chapter length is always up to the author. No one is going to tell you to write until you reach 7,000 words. If you like the fact that you were able to write all the way 1,000 then you should be happy.

My personal writing depends on how I'm feeling.

If I'm feeling upbeat and happy that day, I like to write 1,000 - 3,000 words.

If I'm writing just for the hell of it, it's a filler chapter and because I have some time, I write about 500 - 1,000 words.

So, really, it's all up to you. You decide how long to make your chapter, no one will get píssed if it's only 500 words. And if they do, then kindly tell them to pïss off.

I hope this helped ~ Nicole