A Late Night Adventure

**Happy Birthday, Johnny! I love you, I miss you and I wish you were here with us. I hope you're happy wherever you are and thank you for everything! <3 <3**

"Paul! Paul, wake up!" Paul growled as he felt his body being tugged at and shaken, and closed his eyes firmly shut in protest as he tried to slap the other man's hands away from his body, not wanting to wake up yet. He had been having such a good dream, about him and John swimming naked in a chocolate river that slowly turned into liquid gold, and he was eager to return there. It had been so nice and warm there, with John's arms wrapped around him while they swam.

"Macca, wake up! You have to wake up!" John tried again, shaking Paul's body a bit more urgently, trying to roll him over to face him, though being careful enough they didn't fall off the tiny single bed they were sharing. Paul moaned in complaint and stubbornly held onto the bed to keep John from doing so.

"John, piss off! I'm sleeping. You should be sleeping," he growled at him in frustration, and John whined, as he crawled a little further to the end of the bed, his hands finally letting go of his boyfriend's body.

"No, you don't understand. You have to move! There's a spider!" the older man said, his voice trembling with fear and Paul almost had to chuckle at how adorable he was. Almost. Right now, he just wanted to be left alone to sleep.

"Then kill it and go back to sleep!"

"No. You have to kill it. Get up, Macca," John all but begged and Paul groaned as he finally pulled his head out of his pillow and pried his eyes open to meet John's which were spread wide with fear as he stared at the wall above their bed. Paul groaned and rubbed his eyes to make himself feel more awake, before he sat up completely.

"Alright, Johnny. Where is it, then?" he asked and with a trembling hand, John raised his finger to point right above Paul's head at the wall. Paul felt his blood grow cold and he slowly turned his head, fearing what he would see, and let out a high-pitched yelp as he saw a small black spider just a few inches away from his face, crawling over the cheap yellowish wallpaper. Right away, he scrambled to the end of the bed where John was sitting, and clutched their only pillow close to him as if to defend himself. His boyfriend snickered at his reaction, but quickly silenced himself when Paul shot him an warning look.

"Shut up," he said, putting the pillow aside. John raised his hands in his defence, a look of fake shock on his face, as if he couldn't believe Paul would say something like that to him.

"I didn't even say anything!"

"No, but you were thinking it," Paul replied, and he didn't wait for John to open his mouth again. Instead, he slid off the small single bed and looked around the sparse hotel room for something to use to kill the spider with. John watched him quietly from the bed, but didn't move to help him, feeling terrified as he occasionally glanced at the spider to make sure it was still there. He winced when it crawled a little further up the wall.

"Paulie!" he moaned, and Paul grumbled back that he was trying. "Okay. Just... hurry up."

Paul grumbled curses to himself as he looked for something to use against the horrid spider. He didn't like them himself either; they were creepy, had too many legs, were too fast and he just really did not like them. He wished his boyfriend was as tough as he always made himself out to be, but of course, John had to be absolutely terrified of them, leaving him to be the one who had to get rid of them. Even just the thought alone was enough to make him shudder with disgust and fright. If it were up to him, they'd just grab their stuff and sleep in the hallway and wait for a maid to come up and do it for them, but of course John would never agree to that. And John called him a princess!