P. R. O.L.O.G.U.E

Spanish Harlem, New York

Korey Moriah Lorenze

January 2, 2019

12:05 AM

Breathe.

Breathe.

Breathe.

My throat seems to tighten up on me more and more as her harsh words pierced my ears. I reminded myself that I needed this job in order to make ends-meet. Who was she? She was my boss, Lorenda Rodderick, she was the owner of 'Red Rose Strip Club' . She was a bitch and didn't care who knew it or not as long as she was making her money. I was being harassed for some unknown reason and I have yet to figure out why. She always made sure I knew every night how much of a 'Slut' or 'Whore' I was to her for the past week. The only reason I was still here was because the pay was good of course, but not good enough to let her disrespect get out of hand. I was the bartender here and some days my pay was way much more than the average stripper here, some days it was like working at a diner, not much pay. I was nice and the men that come in said that I was a pretty face, or whatever, so those were my tips. I never really believe them only for the simple fact that they only want one thing and I was not naïve enough to flirt or smile in their faces. I don't know how I make my money I never really smile.

"Korey! Are you fuckin' listenin' to me girl?!", Lorenda nearly yelled in my face.

I blinked out of thought and shook my head yes.

"I-I don't even know what I did Mrs. Rodderick", I stuttered looking her in the face.

She bit her tongue as if she wanted to say something rude to me. I mean what is the point in holding back now? She always insult me, I don't know why. Maybe because she saw her husband trying to get my attention one night last week that he was in here. But who knows? Maybe one day she will tell me what is her problem with me all of a sudden.

"Hmm. You were late heffa! You know I do not do late here! If eva' late again its gone be some fuckin' problems Korey", She basically yelled AGAIN. "And don't think I didn't see Markus in your face last week either, stay the fuck away from my nigga whore", aaaanndd there it was, her problem was finally out. I knew it.

I don't even know why sis was so pressed, it wasn't like I was fuckin' around with the nigga. I never even looked that man in the face, he don't have shit I want or need so her negative energy is not needed in my space. Unfortunately for her, I burned my sage before I left home and her negativity left me so unbothered. I didn't have much at home but I definitely was sick and tired of hearing her voice and the complaints from her about NOTHING. It was way pass the time for me to go home but she wanted to keep me in her office. I had cash saved but there wasn't enough to last me a lifetime.

"Okay sis, please stop yellin' in ma face. I ain't gone be too many of ya lil whores. I don't want ya' lil husband that broke ass nigga ain't got shit I want. I'm damn sure not one of these strippas that work for you eitha' ", I spoke up sternly with my finger in her face. I was sick of her nasty, bitchy attitude.

She looked surprised but I really didn't care, her disrespect was not needed, I was in such a good mood tonight and she was not about to ruin that for me. I took too many of her harsh words and actions for the longest, I could not take it anymore. This probably was going to get me fired but I would never let another woman disrespect me over a good for nothing ass man. Her eyebrows furrowed and she had a mug plastered on her face.

"You know what little girl! you fired! don't bring yo lil too pretty ass back to my fuckin' club!", She yelled pointing to the office door, kicking me out.

I couldn't believe she wanted to fire me for telling her I didn't want her husband. I wanted to beg her for my job but the Gemini in me would never allow me to beg a soul for shit. I was mean like my father but definitely a sweetheart like my mother was what I was told. I rolled my eyes and gave her my meanest facial expression ever.

"I don't want to be in this stankin' , raggedy ass club anyway! I'd rather go wait a bitch tables before comin' here again!", I said walking away from her.

I can admit I'm never disrespectful but I can be very disrespectful, emphasis on very. My attitude could get very nasty in 3 seconds and I had no problem expressing my feelings to anyone. I only kept quiet this whole week because she was my boss but at this point fuck her and this termite infested ass club. I had to take a spiritual bath tonight, only to get rid of her negative energy. I was never this high on negativity but obviously she is. I continued to walk straight out of her office, the club was pretty small and if you're loud enough in her office the whole entire club could hear exactly what's going on. So of course, all eyes were on me as I made my exit for the door, I didn't stop until I was outside of the club, into the parking lot. I had just bought a car for myself, I was in my milestone years and a car was next so I saved until I bought the exact car that I wanted, the 2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara. I paid it off in cash all on my own and I couldn't be more proud of myself. Now that I was out of a job, I'm relieved that it is paid off, I hopped into my truck with my short figure and crunk up and pulled out of the parking lot. I played my relaxation playlist on Apple Music as I cruised the late night streets of Spanish Harlem. My music played somewhere along the lines of Erykah Badu's 'Next lifetime' all the way to Jhene Aiko's 'Triggered freestyle'. My mind wandered off to a series of things as I rode in silence.

How would my life be if my parents wouldn't have abandoned me?

Am I going to stay single for the rest of my life?

Pulling into my driveway knocked me out of my thoughts, I got excited at the thought of letting the positive energy into my mind, body, and spirit. I needed it, definitely after tonight. I recharged my crystals so I definitely was going to relax and listen to today's podcast that I missed. Especially The Anayal8ter, she was my all time favorite with no questions asked. I walked into my house and switched on my lights, my house was nice and cold just how I liked it. Outside was hot as hell, I was so glad I turned my air down before I left the house. I needed to take a shower and my bath really quick. I locked my door and walked straight into my room, I really was not hungry so I just took my shoes off and placed them into the closet right along with my work bag. After I was done, I stripped out of my clothes and turned on my shower. I took my hair down from my bun and let it hang freely. I checked my water a few minutes later and it was hot just how I liked it. I got into my shower and began washing my hair first, I washed hair then I washed my body with my natural body wash. After my shower I turned my shower off and began my spiritual bath. I set up for it, and just relaxed and let my worries go away. A job didn't stress me and I loved it that way.