Pain of Relation ~

"Hurry up, girl ! it's about to start !" Jasmyn yelled from the living room. "I'm coming !" I exclaimed, rushing into the room as I tried not to spill the bowl of popcorn.

"Has it started yet ?!" I asked, sitting beside her on the couch. "It's going to, shhh" She hushed, grabbing a handful of popcorn.

"Man, I'm so excited and nervous for some reason" I gushed. "Does he even know that you're watching ?" She wondered. "I don't know, I didn't tell him" I giggled cheekily. "Okay it's on ! be quiet !" I whispered with giddiness, clapping my hands together.

Prince was currently being interviewed for that particular interview and as soon as I told Jasmyn what it was gonna be about, we both knew we had to get together and watch it. The interview started with a few typical questions about his music and any future tours and what not, etc.

But every time he went to answer, Jasmyn and I would talk over him as we narrated everything like two natural commentators. "Damn, he looks good..you think you could steal some of his clothes for me ?" Jasmyn wondered. "I can barely steal them for myself, do you think he looks nervous ? he looks comfortable, right ?" I worried.

"Yeah, he looks calm and collected..this interviewer is a real kiss ass though" Jasmyn sassed. "As long as he doesn't kiss her ass, I couldn't care less" I rolled my eyes.

"Oh shit, she's holding up the pictures of you two, here it comes !" Jasmyn pointed out. My heart began to race loudly as I waited for not only the questions, but his response.

"So you've spotted recently with a certain woman, care to tell us who this is ?" The interviewer inquired as she held up the photographs like some interrogator. 

"She is a special lady, yes.." Prince nodded, correcting her choice of words. The interviewer let out a fake nervous laugh.

"Damn, she's low-key jealous of you..fake laughing and shit" Jasmyn snorted, causing me to smirk. "Does this special lady have a name ?" She persisted. "Hell yes, she does !" Jasmyn blurted out, making me chuckle.

"Her name is Alice Carroll, she's a gifted poet and she's also someone very dear to me...we go way back" Prince uttered sheepishly.

"How far back ?" The interviewer winked, still pushing it.
"Further than your little mind could ever comprehend !" Prince remarked goofily as he broke into a little laugh before quickly excusing his somewhat shady joke.

Jasmyn and I stared at each other wide eyed before we bursted into laughter ourselves.

The interviewer laughed obnoxiously but you could practically see the offence written all over her face. "He got that bitch !" Jasmyn hollered. "I can't believe he just said that" I cackled, shaking my head.

"Anyway, moving on..will we be seeing more of you two in the future ?" She queried.

"Well it depends how busy we are" He joked, making me face palm in embarrassment. "I'm only kidding..but yes, definitely..she's here to stay" He smiled shyly, looking into the camera. "Awww" Jasmyn cooed. I blushed wildly, looking down as the interview ended there.

"Man, his eyes were twinkling and everything..you two need to hurry up and get married !" Jasmyn urged, nudging my shoulder. "Yeah well, the feeling's mutual" I beamed with a shy shrug.

"Miss Alice" one of Prince's employees called out suddenly as he dashed towards us.
"Yes ?" I responded. "There's a visitor at the main door requesting to see you" He informed professionally.

"Oh..okay, well let them in" I instructed with slight confusion as I wondered who it could be. I got up and headed to the door to greet whoever it was that wanted to see me while Jasmyn trailed not too far behind me.

There was a brief silence as I stood there waiting for the unknown visitor. But as soon as the employee opened the door. My breath hitched as I reflexed in fright, immediately taken aback by who it was.

"D-ad" I stuttered in shock. "My precious baby ! it's been so long !" He cried dramatically as he flung his arms over me, embracing me in a tight hug.

I started to feel a little tense and fearful by his presence and therefore my anxiety went up a notch."What are you doing here ?" I questioned stoically, trying not to let it show as I pushed him off harshly.

"It's been all these years and this is how you greet me ?" He spat. "You're lucky that I even remember you at all considering the significant head damage you gave me the last time I saw you !" I whimpered.

"Don't be so over-dramatic, you're just like your mother.." He scoffed.

"NO ! You nearly killed me ! and don't you dare talk about mom, she's dead because of you !" I shouted. Although I never discussed it out loud, I always sort of knew that mom's sudden demise in health was caused by the turmoil that dad brought onto us.

I could never forgive him for that.

"Wait, Sharon's dead ?!" He breathed heavily. "Yep, and it's all because of you..I hope you're happy..you don't even deserve to be standing in this space right now..especially with how you treated him" I replied emotionally.

A startling grin then rose upon his face.

"Oh I think I have every right, princess..besides nobody would even know who you are right now if I didn't tip off the news about your little fling with that girl" He bragged.

"It was you.." I gasped, covering my mouth with my hand. He just stood there with smug look on his face and that's when my astonishment turned into frustrated anger.

"YOU BASTARD, HOW DARE YOU !" I screamed, slapping him in the face as my resentment had overtaken me. His eyes widened and so did mine as it slowly dawned on me with horror on what I had just done.

I could see the boiling anger steaming off him as I backed away with dreaded panic.

"YOU LITTLE BITCH" He roared and before I knew it, his fist beat me violently over the head and the force was strong enough for me to hit the hard floor with a thud.

My head began to throb with pain as I shielded myself into a ball on the floor. Jasmyn screamed at the security to take him away before she knelt down beside me.

"Alice, can you hear me ?! are you okay ?! for the love of god please be ok..!" Jasmyn pleaded as her voice cracked with sadness.

"Call Prince..just call him.." I sobbed.