A Little Too Close for Comfort ~

I stared in front of the mirror as I straightened out my dress for the hundredth time.
I was nervous. Beyond nervous. I was going into the studio with Prince today and it felt like a date rather than a recording session. I don't even know why I was nervous.

I didn't have any feelings for him. I'm engaged to a man that I love. I'm not crazy.

The outfit I ended up wearing was simple but cute. Jasmyn tried to buy me something a little too uncomfortable so I rightfully declined.

We settled on a innocent denim dress with black leggings and a expensive pair of doc martens which Jasmyn insisted on getting me even though I tried to say no.

I was aware that she had money but I never had the alibi to take advantage of that.

I brushed my long dark brown wavy hair, letting it stay out as a natural scarf for my neck. I didn't put on any makeup. I didn't want to make it look like I was trying to impress him.

I'm not a makeup girl in general, I was too lazy to give a damn about my looks. Any makeup I owned was lent to me by Jasmyn as Nathan liked me to wear makeup whenever we went out.

"Babe, I'm heading out now" I called out as I walked past the living room.

"Ok, have fun at the concert"

I couldn't tell him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I let out a shaky sigh as I pressed the doorbell to his so-called humble home. The door soon quickly opened and there he stood, looking as handsome as ever. I couldn't let my eyes wander too long as he would definitely notice.

"Hello Anna, you look beautiful..come on in" He greeted quietly, his eyes scanning me up and down whilst a permanent smile was plastered on his face.

"Thank you, Dexter...will do" I replied, avoiding his eyes as I automatically felt self conscious due to his lengthy stare. As he showed the way to his secluded studio, I couldn't help but look around at everything as the place continued to amaze me.

I knew this pleased him greatly as I didn't even have to look at his face to know that he was grinning proudly at his achievements.

"You look a little nervous.." He uttered as I shifted through the poems that I had laid on the table. He was currently sat down at the keyboard opposite to my view.

"What makes you say that ?" I asked, not lifting my eyes up from the papers in front of me. "Well first of all, you won't even look at me.." He chuckled lowly.

I looked up at him and our eyes immediately connected.

"That's better" He commented with a smirk, causing me to shake my head.

"What is it ? did your fiancé say something before you came over here ?" He egged on. "Nope" I answered flatly. "You didn't tell him, did ya ?" He persisted.

"Can we just start please.." I muttered.
"Yep, whenever you're ready little mama.." He grinned smugly.

I stood there behind the mic but no words came out. "What ?" He asked.

"It's just..I've never read my poetry out loud before" I admitted.
"Yes you have" He responded, taking me by surprise.