Read this if you love Jacob Black...a fanfiction for Twilight

Sure he surprised me by being at Jaidon's house, or 'his house', but my thoughts were hanging on something entirely different.

"Who you calling 'pet'?"

"Correction, it's 'who're' not 'who'. Your English needs work, pet." He replied. I gave a disbelieving look then turned away. "Are you going to tell me why he's here or should I just keep guessing?"

Jaidon shrugged and looked past me. "We're cousins," he said. "And he's staying here until he finishes school."

I narrowed my eyes and scowled, "Why?"

Jaidon's head dropped and he started, "Well-"

"That's my business," Jacob cut in, "and I would like to keep you out of it. And you," he said to Jaidon, "you just keep it to yourself." I grew suspicious; what secrets could Jacob be hiding?

Instead of asking I said, "Great! If my staying out of your 'business' means not having to see you, then it's fine by me!" I started to turn, but felt a hand on my shoulder pulling me back. I took my arm away kept walking.

"I see you two don't like each other much," Jaidon said catching up to me. I smiled in a sarcastic way and turned to the driver's side door. "Chase, wait! Hold up!" I opened the door and sat down closing it. Well, at least trying to until Jaidon held the door and kept it from shutting. He stood in the frame gazing down on me.

"What is it that you don't like about him? What's bothering you about him?" I glanced away then back and narrowed my eyes and said, "His attitude? The way he just-just...waltzes up and ruins everything?"

"What could he have ruined; you just got here! This is your third day," he said staring into my eyes, possibly my soul, "I think you don't hate him at all, I think you-"

"Goodbye, Jaidon," I piped in, cutting him off. Taking control of the car door he had pinned under his hand, I closed it and started the engine. I didn't wait for him to say bye or wave, I just left.

I looked in the rearview mirror, just a peak, but saw nothing. I saw nothing and no one. Just complete blackness where and near Jaidon was standing. I was confused and maybe a little insane, but I let it go and drove home.

I completely collapsed on my bed. After showering and dressing, I was absolutely drained of all energy that might have been stored in my body.

I was under the covers when Jess walked in. "Just came to say goodnight," he said. I smiled, "Goodnight, Dad."

The last thing I thought about that night was the exact thing I tried to keep away from my mind, Jacob. What's the secret that he's hiding? Why does he want to keep it a secret? I had to mentally push him out of my mind for peace.

I fell asleep to wolves howling outside of my window.

School went by fast that week. There was Jacob first and second period, the rest of my classes, then lunch with Tori and our friends, then time with Jaidon. And then the same thing the next day. Well, at least today's Friday, I thought. I got my self out of bed and let my brain do all the walking and talking, by the time I fully regained consciousness, I was getting out of my car and waling into the school. I greeted Matfus and found Tori slouched over her desk writing fiercely.

"Hey," I said, "what's up?" I said eyeing her paper.

"Just trying to finish this homework," she said not even stopping. I looked at the problems and whistled

"Jeez, what is that? Honors math?" She looked up and blinked.

"12th grade honors math." I looked at her like she was crazy. "Yeah, yeah I know...if only you knew how long I've been studying math," she laughed, then hesitated. "I was homeschooled for ten years...by a math professor; my mom."