Read this if you love Jacob Black...a fanfiction for Twilight...and Jacob gets the girl =] 3

Chapter Three

"What the hell was that all about?" I asked Tori in a demanding voice.

She just shrugged and asked, "What are you talking about?" I could tell she was hiding something from me, and I wanted to know what it was. No, I needed to know what it was. But I didn't want to push my luck, after all, it is my first day here and she's my only friend.

I rolled my eyes and looked away. "Nothing," I said sourly. "What class do you have next?"

"Reading. You?"

"Math with Mr. Fysh. Do you know where that is," I asked disappointedly. She pointed in the direction of a young teacher around thirty or so waving kids in class to start his lesson. I gave a wary look and sighed.

"Look, I know you're mad at me, but I really can't say anything...not yet." And she walked into her class leaving me even more confused and curious.

I walked past the teacher and sat in a seat in the back. Alone again, I pulled out my notebook and began to fix my picture of Jacob.

"That's my seat," said a tired, angry voice. I hadn't any need to look up; I already knew who was talking to me. I quickly gathered my things and sat in the seat farthest away to the door in the back row. I glanced his way and saw him staring at me, not angry, but curious. I broke the contact and made a wall with my hair blocking him out of view.

No one spoke to me that period. When Mr. Fysh mentioned my name, I looked up and muttered an introduction to the class, and then looked back down at my notebook. I was miserable, but distracted; I could feel his eyes on me still. They glazed the side of my head for the whole period. I didn't dare look over, though. Finally, the bell rang, and like before, he ran out of the class. I stood up from my seat and saw him glance back. He gave me wary eyes, but then narrowed them into a cold glare. I didn't even bother being curious about it. Instead, I navigated my next five periods by myself and sat in the back in ever class thinking. Just thinking.

I returned to my homeroom before lunch to look for Tori. She sat on her desk tapping her fingertips on the wood.

"What took you so long? I'm starving!" She didn't let me answer; instead, she took my hand and led me to the café.

Jocks and cheerleaders sat in the middle tables talking, kissing, flirting, and whatever else they do. The 'cool kids' scattered about. And the geeks sat in the far back away from everyone else, talking amongst themselves. I quickly scanned the room. Sure enough, Jacob was there. Excuse me, sure enough Jacob saw me and was leaving, that's what I meant to say. The only way out, was the way I came in. As he brushed past Tori, I saw his eyes, the pupils became larger than before, and they filled with black. I saw Tori's fists clench as she began cracking one finger at a time with her thumb. I was startled and took a step back. He gave me a quick glance, but his gaze returned to Tori as he walked away. He muttered something, but I heard it as a disoriented statement, "Be careful...pet...I'm watching."

"Don't ask." Tori said as I opened my mouth.

"But I need to know. Why do you guys hate each other? How do you know him TO hate him? What did he-"

"Chase!" She yelled gathering glances from other kids. "This isn't the place to talk about it," she said and walked casually.

"Well, then let's make a date to talk about it!" I said walking in back of her, trying to catch up. "I could follow you to your ho-"

"Definitely not," she cut me off. She sat at an empty table and I took the seat across from her. "Look, Chase, there was some conflict with our families hundreds of years ago. And, well, we just grew up hating each others guts. There, the end."