[05] Getting out of hand

Lucas, Stiles and Scott rushed to the animal clinic as soon as Scott ended the call with Lydia. They were worried once they noticed the rushed words coming out of Lydia's mouth, telling them to come to the animal clinic as soon as possible.

Lucas thought that maybe Kate arrived and have been trying to get to Derek but his thought was wrong when they saw Deaton and Lydia, and a mess in the animal clinic with no Derek Hale.

"I don't think he's just younger in body. I think he's younger in his mind too." Deaton explained while Lydia was the one wrapping a bandage around his wound.

Lydia let out a soft sigh, as she finished fixing up the injured veterinarian. "He didn't recognize either of us." Lucas watched Lydia with furrowed eyebrows, confused as to why Kate would do this to him. "And he looked like he was scared out of his mind."

Lucas likes to solve the problem, just like his younger brother but this time, he can't seem to figure out what's going on and it's making him frustrated. He feels like he became useless to his friends.

"So if you're a teenage werewolf and you're scared, where do you go?" Stiles asked, looking at Scott, considering that he's the only one in that category. 

Scott tilted his head to the side, mouth slightly agape as he thought for a second just to be sure if he's right. "A wolf goes back to its den but Derek lives in a loft."

Lucas shook his head immediately, "Not when he was a teenager. So, I figure he would be at the–"

"The Hale House." Lydia finished for him.

"He wouldn't remember the fire. It wouldn't have happened yet." Deaton said, stating the obvious.

"Then I think it's best if we leave now." Lucas informed them, getting ready to leave while Scott and Stiles does the same.

"Wait, hold on." Lydia said all of a sudden, causing the three boys to halt in their steps and look at her with raised eyebrows. "Say you do manage to catch up to him? What are you going to say to him? That his whole family is dead?"

"So, you're saying is that someone has to tell him?" Stiles asked, not understanding Lydia's words at all.

But before Lydia can protest to Stiles' words, The eldest Stilinski raised his hand up in the air. They expected him to volunteer but he did the exact opposite of it. "Not me!" He exclaimed.

Eventually, Stiles caught on quickly before Scott can and followed the steps of his older brother. "Not me, either. I can still probably hear his threats aimed at me in my head."

Scott let out a sigh, shrugging. "I guess I'm going to have to."

"Good luck with that." Lydia told her friend, knowing that it won't end well.

"She's probably right. Maybe you shouldn't. You know, at least until we figure out how to get him back to normal." Stiles quickly added, finally understanding the whole thing Lydia's pointing at.

Scott shook his head, "I can't lie to him."

There was a moment of silence inside the clinic which amused Lucas. He didn't know that they were capable of staying silent even if they have a big problem resting on their shoulders.