Chapter 2: Hamilton and Lin-Manuel Miranda

We finally got to the theater. I walked in with Will attached to me. "I'm going to go get a t-shirt," Will said before heading to the merchandise counter.
  "Get me a hoodie please!" I called after him. I looked around the lobby. I still couldn't believe I was going to be seeing Hamilton live on Broadway!
    After Will came back with our merch we went into the auditorium. Since we were going with our school I was in the 8th row from the front. They were going to be right in front of me! I looked through my playbill to help calm my excited nerves. I couldn't wait for the show to start. After a few more minutes the lights faded and the show started.
                               •••••
After the show a select few people from my class were able to get a backstage tour. Luckily my brother and I were able to go! We walked back together when I saw him, the guy I bumped into this morning. I could tell he instantly recognized me.
   "You're the girl I bumped into this morning, right?" He asked me. I nodded even more starstruck than this morning. He smiled, "can I talk to you for a minute?" I looked at Will, he nodded and Lin-Manuel Miranda led me to his dressing room and closed the door. "I was wondering if you would tell me how you actually got your bruise. I could tell you were lying. I'm not trying to sound creepy and like a stalker. I just want to help," he actually seemed worried about me even though we just met.
    "Will you promise not to tell anyone? Or tell my brother that I told you?" He nodded. I took a deep breath and let it all out. "I'm foster kid. My brother Will and I have been jumped around place to place after our parents had to give us up because my mom's medical bills became too expensive for them too keep us." Okay that last part was a lie. I didn't want him to know the real reason we were given up. It's way more embarrassing. "Our current family is horrible. I'm beaten on a regular basis and my foster father is a drunk. My foster mom is abusive with her words, she insults everything I do." As I continued I started crying as the weights lifted off of my shoulders. "My brother has only gotten half of what I have gotten because they think he's perfect and I'm just his shitty tag along sister." Once I finished my story I looked at Lin-Manuel through my teary eyes. He looked completely flabbergasted.
   "I'm so sorry," he said sincerely. He hugged me and rubbed my back trying to calm me down. "Can I try to help?" I looked at him shocked. No one has even offered help to me or my brother.  I nodded. He smiled and continued, "will you tell me your name? And here" he handed me his phone. "Type in your number so I can check up on you and to update you on my progress.
   I smiled and entered my number. "My name is Olivia Moore, but people usually call me Liv. My overprotective brother's name is William. We call him Will for short," I handed him his phone back. "I can't thank you enough!"
   "No problem," he handed me a box of tissues so I could wipe my eyes and running makeup. "We should get you back to your brother and the rest of your class." He hugged me one last time then together we walked back out. I was smiling so big, I have never been this happy since we were put in foster care.
   I walked over to Will and he instantly put his arm around me. "What was that all about?" He whispered to me.
   "He just wanted to make sure I was okay after this morning. I can't believe he recognized me!" I whispered back/silently squealed in his ear.
   We all walked back to the busses after the cast signed playbills for us. I got the entire lead cast signatures. I finally got comfy on the bus when my phone buzzed

Unknown number:
Hey Olivia it's Lin here.
I just wanted to thank
you for coming tonight
and telling me your story.
I promise that I will try
my hardest to help you. See
you soon!

  "Who was that?" Will asked looking over my shoulder. I quickly switched my phone off.
   "None of your business!" He just gave me the look. "Fine. Someone who might be able to get us out of that horrible home." He pestered me the rest of the bus ride and the walk home asking who it was. I couldn't tell him because he would flip out on me. I wanted to keep it from him until I knew for certain that Lin could help us. Once in my room I remember that I didn't respond. I quickly pulled out my phone and texted back.

Liv: Hi Lin! I should be the
one thanking you for what
you're going to be helping
me with. It felt so good to
tell someone other than
my brother what was going
on. The show was amazing
and definitely hope to see you soon!
Sent...

     I waited for a response when I realized it was 30 minutes after midnight he was probably home and sound asleep. I didn't even bother changing and just plopped down on the my bed and instantly fell asleep.

A/N: Thank you so mush for reading! I know it's pretty bad since I wrote it on the spot. What do you guys think? Let me know and if you have any ideas for characters (Liv's best friends or Will's friends names) it would mean a lot to me! Thank again for reading!
P.S. Sorry for any spelling mistakes! I sometimes write straight here or type on google docs then copy and paste it here. So please excuse any mistakes!