He's Back!

"No... why... how..." I stuttered.
"Honey I know you must be so confused right now, but after giving it a bit of thought, I'm bringing your father back into the family! Isn't this amazing?" My mom smiles at me.
     How can she just say that it's amazing? After everything he did to me she is just letting him come back?!?! What the heck is she thinking?!?!
    " Hi Maya," He smiles evilly at me.  "My beautiful daughter, I'm finally seeing you again."
     Tears fill my eyes as I say the words "I will never be your daughter and you will never be my father."
     His ice cold blue eyes harden with hatred as he says, " Maya, I know I left but I am back and this is a chance for us to be a family again! Don't you want that?"
     "After 9 years?!?! Do you honestly think I'm forgiving you that quickly? Because a few words isn't going to make up for everything you did to me."
      "Maya Penelope Hart! I raised you better than this, you do not talk to your own father like that!" I hear my mom say angrily.
     "WELL GUESS WHAT? I      
HAVE EVERY RIGHT TO TALK TO HIM HOWEVER I WANT TO AFTER WHAT HE DID TO ME! YOU KNOW WHAT HE DID MOM!  You know..." I add, a little quieter, sobbing into my hands.
     My mom's eyes soften a little bit. She says slowly, " You're right, Maya, I do know, but he is genuinely sorry for everything he did. I love him and I am taking him back."
      I look at my mom in horror.
"How could you?"
    I run as fast as I can out the front door, into the snowy streets without a coat and tears streaming down my face. I take my phone out of my pocket and call Riley.
     "Peaches?"
"Riley, I need you now, come to 34 Brooklyn Street please hurry."
    "Maya, what is going on?"
"Just do it Riley, I need help!"
     And I hang up and sit on a bench, waiting and sobbing uncontrollably.
      After a few minutes, I see a Ford truck pull up next me. As soon Riley crawled out of the truck and ran to me, I breathed a sigh of relief as I realized I was safe. Riley ran towards me asking a thousand questions.
    " Maya! Are you okay? What happened? Did someone die?"
     "No one died Riles," I weakly laughed. "But I need to get warm."
    "Ohmygosh yes!!! I'm so sorry completely forgot!" She helped me to the truck in the snowstorm. Once I was inside, I promptly fell asleep knowing I was safe.
AN: What will happen to Maya? And what's the big deal about her dad? Read the next chapter to find out...