The Goddess

(A/N: HAVE YOU GUYS SEEN THE TEASER TRAILER FOR PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN: DEAD MEN TELL NO TALES? I can't wait until May 2017, it's too far away!)

"So, how do you suppose we get out of this situation?" I asked the men around me.

          Our heads had been covered with bags, meaning that we had no idea as to where we were on the island. When they removed the bags, we saw that our captureers were men, covered in tribal tattoos, their hair long, twisted into one plait. They left in a scurry, leaving everyone in a large cave, dimly lit with a few torches. Whereas the others were all tied up on one side of the cave, I was tied up opposite to them.

"We just have to untie each other, form a plan, then split." Jack stated, already wriggling to get free.

"No, you didn't listen!" Ed hissed, starting to shake.

"What is it, Ed? What have you seen?" Ragnar asked him.

"They believe in a religion unlike any other. I've never seen nor heard anything like it before." He seemed really shaken by this.

"Then how did you survive?" I asked him.

"One-one of their priests told me it was prophesised, that I was to stumble across a goddess once I escaped, and bring her back so that they can worship her."

Everyone's heads turned to face me.

My eyes went wide."You came seriously think that's me? Besides, their religion is probably just some made up story that they think is real."

"Even so, that could be useful." Ragnar started to think, his hands now being untied.

"If they think you're their goddess, we could use you to get us out of here." Lenny added. Of course he would be all for it. By now, almost everyone was free.

"Ok, but what if I end up stuck here? What if they won't let me go?"

"You wouldn't have a terrible life."

"But I'm not a goddess! They would find out and kill me!"

"We can get you out." Jack tried to reassure me, rubbing at his wrists.

"You don't even know where we are. For all we know we could be on the other side of the island."

"It's better than not trying." Tricks spoke up, heading over to me.

Ragnar stood, looking down at the two crews."Right, a group of lads needs to hide further in the cave. No doubt they'll take us out for some voodoo shit or as a sacrifice for their new God."

Jack shuddered at the word voodoo.

"But only a few, we can't have a significant amount of you.gone otherwise it will look suspicious. Sparrow, you choose a handful of yours, I'll do the same for mine."

As they chose, Tricks knelt down in front of me."Do you think you'll be ok with this?"

I nodded."I think so. I just gotta act godly and pray that they don't see through the act."

         The men tied each other back up, knowing that someone had to come back and get me. We waited, immediately becoming impatient. Seriously, if I was this goddess of theirs, they weren't showing her much hospitality. I wasn't sure how much longer we'd been stuck in there, but the sound of a stone rolling got our attention. They opened up the seal, marching in. A man lead them in, wearing a long robe down his back, jewellery cascading around his arms. The others seemed like soldiers or guards. They approached me, instantly falling to their knees.

"Oh, great goddess, you have returned to us." the priest sat up.

I straightened my back, looking at the others for ideas."Y-Yes, and I demand to know why you have tied me up here!"

"We had to reassure our people that it was you. Your image has altered slightly since our last viewing of you."

"Viewing? What viewing?"

"Your husband, the god himself told is of you. We had our greatest artists create images of you, so that we may worship you in the proper manner."

Husband? What stories had these people been told?

"I know. I very much appreciate it."

What goddess would say something like that?!

"We want to hold a feast for you, you are now walking among us, blessing the ground that we live on. However, the high priests requested that you sit with them in our temple first; they want to ask questions about how you came here....if that pleases you!"

"You are not a high priest?"

"No, I am just the Chief. Chief Kan."

"What will become of these men?"

"Whatever you wish. Are they not your slaves from your home in the sky?"

It was so tempting.

"No, but they helped me. I was lost, stuck in a bad place but they were kind enough to take me in."

"It only makes sense. You are the wife to the king of the seas."

"Poseidon?"

He smiled, trying not to laugh."Your humour is strange to me. Come, we shall take you to our sacred temple."

         They started to untie me and I tried to hide the panic. My eyes darted towards the others who were helpless.

"And the men? Will they be joining us?"

"We shall discuss that with the high priests. For now, we will give them food and water, but they must remain here."

         I couldn't argue further, looking back at the crews as they lead me out of the cave. It was still light when I exited, so my eyes stung for just a second. Whilst Chief Kan lead the group with two guards either side of him, I had four surrounding me. The whole place was enveloped in the rainforest, but they had house made of stone, a market place and a huge temple which could be seen from far away. As we passed, citizens fell to their knees, gazing in awe as we walked by. This felt wrong. I wasn't a goddess, they were worshipping a normal person. Surely they would find out the truth?

            I craned my neck up to look at the giant structure, the intricate carvings covering the entire thing. The doors were opened for us, the creaking noise echoing throughout the hall. Pillars aligned an aisle, the torches illuminating the room and more carvings. I saw that there were a number of steps, leading up to another level where there were five men were sitting in a semi-circle, watching as we approached them.

"She is here." I heard one of them mumble.

            The Chief and the guards dispersed as we stood in front of the steps. I watched as they backed away, bowing down again. The priests caught my attention.

"We are graced by your presence, the prophecy is true. We have been expecting you for a long time."