Prologue

It was a beautiful day. The sky was as blue as the eye could see and the wind was barely a whisper. This was how spring days were in Fannon. Especially in the Northern territory. Here, they had the loveliest sunrise and sunsets you could ever imagine. Purple's, reds, and golden swirls of color reached the horizon and after 200 years it never failed to amaze King Marlin. He was looking out the window staring at another amazing sunset when he was pulled from his thoughts as he heard his wife, Queen, and mate Jenna screaming in pain. He walked back over to her side and held her hand. Sella was on the other side of the bed holding her hand and giving her words of comfort. Sella, the Queen of Fairhaven and Jenna's best friend, had diligently been sitting at Jenna's side for the past 7 hours helping her breathe thru the contractions. She and King Bariston had arrived two days earlier with their first born son, to help Jenna thru the process.

The couples had been best friends since childhood and had promised to bind their kingdoms together once they had children. After 200 years, today might actually bring this moment to fruition. The Thorns brought their son with them in case Jenna gave birth to a girl. In Fannon, a betrothal was not accepted unless the betrothed sealed a contract. In the case of children, their hands would be dipped in ink, and a stamp would be made from their palm print to signify the legal binding.

Jenna gave birth to a daughter an hour later and they decided to name her Lilianna. It was a beautiful moment and everyone gleamed with happiness. Lilianna was already the most beautiful child they had ever seen. She had deep green eyes and little red swirls of hair already growing on her head. Her skin was a smooth milky color and she had a glow about her. Once the nursemaid cleaned her off and handed her back to Jenna, Lilianna looked into Jenna's eyes and smiled and giggled instantly. It was amazing.

King Marlin and King Bariston were happy to see Jenna and Lilianna were healthy and well, but were also relieved because now they could finally betroth their children and bind their friendship and kingdoms together. In a few days they would make sure to do the ceremony, but right now, Jenna just wanted to croon over her new beautiful daughter. As they were all sitting in Jenna's chambers, enjoying the moment, a sudden blinding light burst into the room and a beautiful, glowing, red haired woman appeared at Jenna's side.

Everyone gasped and immediately dropped to their knees and bowed. King Marlin stammered and said, "My Queen Arella, what...what brings you here to our kingdom?" She ignored Marlin and went straight to Jenna and took the baby from her arms. She touched Lilianna's left shoulder and whispered into her ear. At that moment a great golden blast of light came forth from queen Arella and went into baby Lilianna's entire body.

Frozen in shock, all four bowed again to the ancient queen. "Arise and listen to my words. A darkness grows in the south and soon shall take over all of Fannon. Princess Lilianna now bears my mark and by the prophecy, she shall be the one to rid our realm of this darkness." "The dark queen knows of this prophecy and will soon learn of Lilianna's birth and seek to end her life. She is not safe here and must be taken the human realm and hidden from all faerie eyes until she can return and claim her powers."

"You must tell everyone she died after childbirth and send her with your most trusted servants to raise her as their own and keep her safe from harm. You must glamour them to appear human and raise Lilianna as a human girl." "No!! My lady, please do not take her from me!" Jenna flew at Arellas feet and begged her to find another way, but Arella just touched her cheek and said this was the only way to keep her safe.

"Do not despair young Jenna, for your child will grow into a beautiful, and strong young woman. You are a faerie and have lived hundreds of years, what is another 15-20 to your entire lifespan? Your Lilianna will return not long from now and claim what is hers." "Now, go find your two most loyal servants and prepare them to move to the human realm. I will take the three myself." Then she walked over to the young boy and placed Lilianna into his arms. She placed their palms together and when the two children looked at each other, a bright smile was shared between them. In that moment, a bright golden light surrounded and flowed thru the two.

Taking Lilianna from his arms, Arella turned to King Bariston and Queen Sella and said, "You must train the Prince to be the realms best warrior. Teach him how to be a proper King and future ruler, but do not let the politics of court interfere with his training in magic and battle." Lilianna will need him to help her fulfill her destiny and he will need her to fulfill his own. There is now a bond between them stronger than all other bonds and oaths that cannot be broken or given to another". "Now you must perform your betrothal ceremony for the two children before we leave".

The ancient queen turned to all four and said, "You must keep this secret between you and never share Lilianna's truth. Teach the boy to be her protector, but do not let him know about her. They must meet thru the nature of the prophecy and find their own way together. When she returns you must honor their betrothal contract immediately or all with be lost."